Blockstack is looking for an experienced iOS engineer to architect and build a mobile portal to the decentralized internet. This role is for experienced developers who can build a native user interface on iOS and own a fully finished product to be used by iOS users at a global scale. This will be the first iOS Blockstack product, and a critical part of growth plans to garner 1 million users by 2020.
Define and implement engineering goals for iOS development
Build a native Blockstack iOS app
Optimize software for highest efficiency, uptime and performance
Build tools for repeatable processes and lay the groundwork for a successful iOS development team
You have experience architecting and developing iOS apps, you have built polished applications with high amounts of traffic, and you are interested in building the future decentralized web with Blockstack.
- Successful deployment of a Blockstack iOS app, with full Blockstack feature set
- High, 5.0 iOS app store rating of the Blockstack App
- Increased monthly active users on iOS
- Excellent iOS development skills, with an emphasis on smart and secure engineering principles
- Ability to plan, architect and implement engineering initiatives for iOS native apps
- Have built high traffic, highly available apps
- Ability to own iOS development and mentor other engineers in iOS practices when necessary
- Nice to have: Experience in blockchain and cryptocurrency environments
Qualities + Traits
- Passion for building the new internet for decentralized apps
- Can work independently, autonomously, and in teams
- Flexibility to implement solutions in small start-up environments
- Nice-to-Have: open source experience
We get a lot of applicants, and have historically hired people who are proactively involved in our work and mission of decentralizing the internet. We hope you explore our Whitepaper, Browser, Github, and Slack prior to submitting your resume.