Senior Principal Full Stack Software Developer
Senior Principal Full Stack Developer, Austin TX, Digital-IT (R28729)
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Do you like working in small, empowered teams that have complete ownership of their space? Do you want to drive technology as well as culture change? If so, we are looking for software engineers to deliver a commerce platform that enables Dell to meet our customers wherever they are and provide the best experiences on Earth to discover and purchase Dell technology.
We are a team of passionate technologists and innovators that will build and deliver a modern, global, cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platform delivered in an agile way. If you are someone who thrives on the creative process, problem solving, and building innovative solutions then Dell Digital is the environment for you.
What you will love about this job:
You will be one of our Digital IT team changing the way we do business and delivering products in a faster more efficient way. You will feel like you’re working in a “start up” with the stability and knowledge of the best technology company in the world.
In the Digital Transformation Program you’ll work closely and collaboratively with other designers, developers, researchers, architects, and business stakeholders. Our program has three primary goals:
- Establish a modern, global, cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platform.
- Enable new capabilities, and seamless user experiences across product, marketing, commerce, and services. New capabilities and experiences include, but are not limited to, personalized mobile & web purchasing, AR driven sales and support, voice-enabled purchase assistance, and support for Internet of Things (IoT).
- Empower all Dell Technologies businesses to utilize and build on the core commerce platform to create experiences to meet their customer and business needs.
We seek people with deep knowledge and experience in e-commerce to guide and deliver a high-volume and very personalized experience. We are looking for highly experienced individuals with a strong background in enterprise development and proven abilities to innovate and be creative.
- Develop high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers
- Work with clients and Business Analysts to determine software requirements and system impacts
- Generate technical documentation as well as unit and functional tests
- Analyze business requirements, processes, data, and system integration points to determine/recommend appropriate technology solutions
- Work closely with the global development team and senior Solution Architects, and executives within the Online Product Engineering group to plan ongoing feature development and product maintenance
-Typically requires 10 years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree (Engineering Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent professional experience)
-Strong commitment to writing and maintaining high quality Java code
-Understanding of Spring Framework fundamentals
-Solid understanding of Microsoft Stack
-Strong communication skills
-Ability and desire to collaborate within a small team
-Experience creating applications end to end
-eCommerce, omni-channel, IoT and augmented reality application development experience is highly desired
-Experience contributing to open source projects
-Established background in public speaking at user groups, conferences, etc.
-Experience with cloud native architectures and infrastructure
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.