Gainsight is a venture-backed, fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. They help businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe, and Workday. Gainsight offers their employees benefits like:
Gainsight is the leader in customer success and product experience software. Our Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, we bring together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. We joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Leading companies such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Tableau, Splunk, and Box choose Gainsight culminating in our recognition as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Our CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America and EY’s Entrepreneur of The Year. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, and India. We are a remote-friendly workplace and have been recognized as one of the Best Work-From-Home companies in 2021. Gainsight India has also been certified as one of the Great Places to Work.
About The Job Role
Gainsight is looking for an exceptional leader who will be responsible for orchestrating post-sales customer journey in a scalable way by leading a team of cross-functional SMEs that problem-solve for gaps/ process/ operational improvements in the customer journey, provides technical assistance, best practices, research, benchmarks, support and/or training for PX Customer-facing teams. This role will report into and align the PX CS Leader and the GRR Metrics/ targets
This role will report directly to the Director of Customer Success for the Gainsight PX Segment and will be responsible for managing/ working with other cross-functional teams - Customer Success, Services, Sales, Ops, Enablement, Support, Docs, etc.
This center of excellence (COE) will bring together people from different disciplines and provide shared facilities/resources to the post-sales org by concentrating existing expertise and resources in a discipline or capability to attain and sustain world-class GRR/ NDR Customer Success practice. This COE will have the heads of various post-sales functions (hard and soft line reporting) who would focus on providing training, best practices, and resources for all of these different teams, while also gathering the data and learnings from all of the teams to create a positive feedback loop for orchestrating best-in-class post-sales customer journey and success.
What You'll Do Here
- Key Objective #1: Provide and Execute Technical and Thought leadership to a cross-functional group of individuals.
- Supporting the needs/ gaps of the post-sales teams (Customer Success, Services, Support) to service world-class customer success practice efficiently by suggesting operational and process improvements.
- Providing day-to-day assistance to the CS Team in case of customer escalations/ hands-on technical support.
- Focus on providing training, best practices, and resources for all of the different post-sales teams, while also gathering the data and learnings from all of the teams to create a positive feedback loop.
- Work cross-functionally with all teams touching the customer journey internally and externally to break down the silos to drive organisation efficiencies and create a more consistent customer experience across the organisation.
- Work closely with the Product/ Engineering Team to deeply understand product solutions to map back to customer goals and provide direct feedback to the Product Team.
- Key Objective #2 - Drive efficiency/ scale and change within the post-sales organisation to support the GRR/ NDR Goals for PX customers in various ways -
- Technical Assistance, enablement, and education for internal teams.
- Providing thought leadership and direction in the customer journey by identifying areas of operational and process improvements.
- Research and development, to provide and establish appropriate recommendations/ best practices to drive adoption.
- Represent the customer while working with teams across the organisation to ensure a singular and fantastic customer experience with Gainsight.
- Key Objective #3: Determines CoE’s strategic direction and vision, including the overall planning, management, execution, and direction of the program in alignment with the PX CS Leadership to support Objective #1 (GRR/ NDR + Adoption at scale)
- Review all existing post-sales processes, identify gaps, develop improvement plans and collaborate cross-functionally to execute them.
- Execute by providing first-hand assistance to the CSMs + Customers, internal enablement, content/ technical best practices creation, operations/ Gainsight CS implementation improvements.
- Track and report critical metrics - Work to continuously improve programs, using data to measure what is working, what’s not, and identifying priorities.
What You Need To Succeed
- Leading with Technical Expertise - Bringing a deep understanding of the technology (webapp architecture, HTML, CSS, tech stack) to assist in technical aspects of the customer journey.
- Steer Change with Strategy - This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organisation, to meet CS organisational goals of GRR/NDR at scale. Inherent to this is the ability to establish an organisational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- Leading People with Empathy - This core qualification involves the ability to manage people toward meeting the CS organisation’s vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cross-functional collaboration and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Results/ Metric Driven - This core qualification involves the ability to meet CS organisational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this is the ability to make data-driven decisions that produce high-quality results by identifying trends, problem-solving, applying technical knowledge, and proactive risk mitigation.
- Building Coalitions - This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally with cross-functional teams and customers to achieve common goals.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in business, or related field; MBA a plus.
- 2+ years of post-sales customer-facing experience required in a B2B SaaS Platform.
- 3+ years of experience in people management.
- Gainsight PX / Marketo/ Hubspot/ Pendo/ WalkMe/ Google Analytics/ Mixpanel/ SFDC experience a plus.
- Customer-centric with a “what’s best for the customer” approach.
- Strong program development and management skills to own customer lifecycle journey focused on driving adoption and retention.
- Strong analytical skills to measure the effectiveness of the programs.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and be an exceptional teammate.
- Accountable for your performance and results, and committed to delivering your best.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technology channels such as Gainsight PX, CS, SFDC, etc.
- A font of creativity -- you take pride in coming up with fun, exciting ideas to make your internal customers happy and successful.
- Self-motivated, attentive, organized, and willing to take complete ownership of a project.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Flexible, can-do outlook, with the ability to thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Purpose: To be living proof that we can win in business while being Human first
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We believe in trusting each other, and our community by exercising reliability.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders comes with making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience passion, optimism, and laughter in everything we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind, and that learning comes from everywhere.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in an internally-driven strive for greatness.
Individuals seeking employment at Gainsight are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.