Gainsight is a venture-backed, fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. They help businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe, and Workday. Gainsight offers their employees benefits like:
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first. Our values — Golden Rule, Success for All, Child-like Joy, Shoshin, and Staying Thirsty — guides us towards that mission.
Gainsight is the leader in customer success and product experience software. The Gainsight Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, Gainsight brings together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Leading companies such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Tableau, Splunk, and Box choose Gainsight culminating in our recognition as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America and EY’s Entrepreneur of The Year. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, and India. Gainsight is a remote-friendly workplace. Gainsight was recognized as one of the Best Work-From-Home companies in 2021.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age. By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to put your fingerprints on our next phase of scale and customer impact, giving you the opportunity to apply and grow your expertise.Job Description
Gainsight is looking for a PX Product Specialist to work as support to our account management and/or field sales team, representing Gainsight amongst some of our key prospects and customers.
Gainsight's PX platform helps Product teams deeply understand what users are doing in their product(s), collect feedback, and create in-app engagements, such as interactive walkthroughs and guides, to drive onboarding and adoption.
As a Product Sales Specialist at Gainsight you’ll play a critical part in our customers’ success! You will be responsible for all aspects of the Gainsight PX sales cycle from prospecting to closing new and expansion business. Depending on the team you support, you will sell to SMB, mid-market and/or enterprise executives, convincing C-level, director level, and product management leaders of both the business and technical merits of the software solution. The Product Sales Specialist will work, in conjunction with fellow sales team members as well as Gainsters in Marketing, Customer Success, Professional Services, and Product Management, to serve as a trusted advisor for the product management leaders at our prospects and customers. You will take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our prospects to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing the evaluation and sales process using a consultative approach.Job Responsibilities
- Sell the product!
- Work alongside Account Executives to build and manage a territory plan
- Research and target SaaS companies using prospecting tools
- Prospect into key influencers and decision makers in product management and leadership roles
- Support full cycle deals from demo to negotiation and close
- Participate in the design and delivery of sales presentations
- Record and document all sales activities in SalesForce.com
- Learn and demonstrate the Gainsight PX platform to new prospective customers
- Be the expert that articulates Gainsight PX capabilities, outcomes and business value proposition in the context of customer needs using language each internal and external stakeholder understands.
- Conduct demos and ensure that we meet our prospects technical validation needs via proof of concepts
- Work cross-functionally with Solutions Consultants and Product Engineers to address any technical questions and represent the product expertise of Gainsight PX
- Provide feedback & make recommendations to product, engineering, and marketing teams at Gainsight based on market need
What We're Looking For
- You have 5 + years of Mid Market / Enterprise software selling experience inclusive of sales engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- The ability to learn technology basics and apply them to business situations
- In-depth knowledge of Product Management skills and nomenclature
- Possess an understanding of SaaS business and financial metrics
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced sales environment.
- Ability to embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable
- Strong analytical skill set with stellar interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in participating and executing cross-functional projects
- Experience scoping, managing and executing customer pilots and Proof of Concepts.
- Experience mapping RFI/RFP requirements to software solutions
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution.
- Superior solution scoping abilities, using our existing solution and influencing new product development.
- BONUS: Previous solutions engineering experience with enterprise class software solutions.
- BONUS: Product Management or Technical background
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first.
Your job should never be a barrier to your happiness—it should be an avenue to achieve it. At Gainsight, we’re passionate about achieving our goals—at the office and everywhere—and we work every day to create an environment that nurtures our best selves.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe in success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is to think more, not do more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new category from scratch and we continue to be the thought leader in Customer Success.
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Our technology allows companies to drive retention and growth by delivering the value customers demand.
- Our Impact: In addition to helping companies grow, we’ve committed to $100 million in wage expansion for underrepresented groups over the next few years.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Our team is composed of innovative Customer Success thought leaders and experts in their field from various industries.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.