Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
The Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for design, implementation and support of AppNexus’ Enterprise Data Warehouse. AppNexus' EDW systems provide core business data that a variety of teams rely on to effectively do their jobs.
The AdTech pipeline from buyer to seller is a complex workflow with various events defining transactions, which is the basic building blocks of revenue for various marketplace participants. EDW hosts single sources of facts for marketplace analytics and revenue analytics.
In this role, you will rationalize various business dimensions, metadata, core facts and simple unified business taxonomy. The ideal candidate will be passionate and excited to provide all business facts; be it revenue, cost, P&L, or navigability to underlying operational objects (SIO, ALI, LI, Splitters, etc). If Big Data / Spark / Kafka are the tools of your trade, then please read on:
About the job:
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and testable big data jobs
- Ingest and validate data from various sources ranging from CRM, Operational data store (Vertica), ERP and all auxiliary systems in between
- Build ETL jobs on underlying data platform (currently Hadoop) to load dimensions and facts into EDW.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams with versatile technology backgrounds
- Participate in all stages of the SDLC, from design and development, to deployment and maintenance
- Work closely with Product, stakeholders, and users
- Leverage a deep understanding of how work drives commercial and financial business outcomes
- Serve as a mentor and guide for other team members
About your skills and experience:
- BA/BS degree and 7+ years of experience OR MS degree and 5+ years of experience in software engineering (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- Experience leading agile teams
- Demonstrated experience in Java, Python or Scala.
- Experience with Big Data MR job processing technologies; experience with BI tools; experience with Spark is nice to have but not required
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools