At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Intuitive is creating a new surgical robotic system manufacturing facility in Peachtree Corners, GA. This position will be a key member of a new manufacturing engineering team that will establish, transfer, qualify and scale complex medical surgical robotic systems manufacturing lines. This position requires an extremely motivated individual with high capacity to learn, analyze and drive technical issues to closure in the manufacturing environment. It requires both a proactive mindset to build a strong technical understanding of the product/processes, and a high level of urgency to react to unplanned problems when they arise. Joining Intuitive means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
You will be responsible for supporting the duplication, qualification, and sustaining of manufacturing lines that build Multi Port (MP) robotic systems in Peachtree Corners. You will perform regular analysis of factory data and use it to anticipate and solve manufacturing/quality problems. Deliver improvements in yield, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability, testability, capacity and cost. Interface with cross-functional engineering teams including electrical, mechanical and software disciplines. This position is highly collaborative, and strong communication/presentation skills will provide you with high visibility amongst the engineering, production and management teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Duplicate, qualify and scale surgical robotic systems manufacturing lines in the new facility
- Provides product and process Design for Manufacturability input to enhance manufacturability and servicing.
- Takes ownership of products from production phase through end-of-life.
- Assists in creation and maintenance of efficient “mid-volume” manufacturing assembly line, specifying and/or refining BOMs, work flow processes and detailed work instructions.
- Provides training and support to production technicians.
- Design, qualify, document and introduce production and service assembly/test fixtures and equipment.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining compliance with medical device quality system including corrective action closure, discrepant material dispositions and ECO implementation.
- Provides technical support analyzing and /or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
- Leads/participates in initiative focused on yield improvement, material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, and outsourcing of assemblies.
- Must possess strong communication skills to interface with technicians, product development, planning, purchasing, regulatory, inspection, customer support and clinical marketing organizations.
- Manage and allocate team resources over multiple projects. Negotiate for needed resources from other teams to enable project success as needed.
- Creating budget estimates for tooling, test equipment, prototype designs, and first article activities. Assist material procurement and supplier quality teams with development and maintenance of contract manufacturers for mechanical assembly.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Travel: Position may require up to 25% travel initially, primarily within U.S.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Candidate must be of high character and energy with regard for detail.
- Demonstrated Electro-mechanical and/or Process Engineering ability.
- Demonstrated ability in failure analysis and continuous improvement.
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- “Self-starter” attitude and comfort in a hands-on environment, where he/she can demonstrate an ability to work with other engineers to influence product design to improve reliability.
- Troubleshooting mind set - an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failures and troubleshoot to component level.
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing across all levels of the organization.
- Minimum MS degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant work experience as a design or manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant mechanical content.
- Prior experience with various sensor applications and technologies, including reliability and performance assessment.
- Prior experience working in an FDA/ISO regulated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively design experiments.
- Prior project leadership experience.
- Prior supplier quality responsibility.
- Prior responsibility for process, equipment or product validation/verification.
- Prior experience establishing new manufacturing lines.
- Prior experience applying automated equipment, complex mechanism manufacturing, or robotics.
- Machine tool experience a plus.
- Experience with ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Experience in Just-In-Time, Demand Flow Technology, and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time