Director, Product Management for Privacy
Director, Product Management for Privacy
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to oversee our platform’s complex controls for user privacy and regulations. The GDPR, ePrivacy, and other regulations are changing the foundations of our industry, and we need a leader who understands both these regulations and our clients’ needs to build differentiated products. The Director will own the product roadmap, articulate and validate customer and regulatory needs, lead engineering teams in development, and ensure our products are successful in market.
About the team:
The AppNexus Product Management team plays an integral role in our company mission: creating a better Internet. Our product managers are systems thinkers who work cross-functionally to make great things happen for the business and our customers. We engage deeply and regularly with users, customer decision-makers, partners, and our customer-facing organizations to identify and validate the opportunities that we pursue. Serving as the critical bridge between our technology and our business, we engage with nearly every part of AppNexus, from our sales and services teams to engineering, marketing, and design. We are encouraged to experiment, build, fail fast, and think creatively and holistically in order to create game changing advertising technology innovations.
About the job:
- Work closely with Engineering and Privacy to develop and implement solutions for privacy requirements and policies. These implementations should advance compliance with legal forms of data use and business use of data.
- Collaborate with engineering leaders, privacy leaders and their teams through all stages of product development. Understand the cost implications of product decisions and seek opportunities to make your product area painless and cost-effective to develop and maintain.
- Align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of development and ensure that data use meets established regulatory compliance needs.
- Create new uses of personal data with our internal teams to ensure they employ privacy features.
- Analyze, design and program software enhancements for new data streams to develop technical solutions and systems that preserve and improve privacy protections.Mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and prevent potential future privacy risks, including the use of data anonymization, pseudonimization and encryption.
- Lead the full product lifecycle for privacy product areas covering research, scoping, prototyping, validation, productionalization, and rollout.
- Engage with users, customer stakeholders, prospects and partners (including privacy industry groups) to gain insights into existing product usage, uncover business needs, and discuss pain points to deeply understand how people perceive your product and what would unlock additional value.
- Collaborate with the commercial team and other stakeholders to consolidate, rationalize, and prioritize known market opportunities into a strategic 12-month product roadmap.
- Lead and coordinate product rollout efforts with marketing, sales, services, and other customer-facing teams. Collaborate with product marketing and customer training groups as they develop collateral including white papers, case studies, demos, training material etc.
- Work with Internal Audit and Privacy to perform regular privacy assessments of operational processes, identifying, and mitigating risks across the company through effective tools, training and guidance
- Periodic travel to Europe will be necessary (1-2 times per quarter).
About your skills and experience:
- Domain expertise in digital advertising and Privacy by Design principles. Experience with real-time ad exchanges such as DSPs, DMPs, SSPs, etc. is a strong plus.
- Experience partnering with privacy and legal teams in building enterprise technology
- 6+ years of hands-on product management experience building large scale, enterprise level software
- Experience managing products in fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience delivering cohesive front-end interfaces through collaboration with UI developers and UX professionals
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal business and technology leaders as well as customer/partner organizations
- Proven track record of partnering with engineering teams in a highly technical environment
- Technical background is a plus — BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent hands on software development experience
- Legal educational background is a plus but not required
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools