The Role: Business Development Manager
Grade (relevant for internal applicants only): 11
The Location: Houston, TX
The Team: The team is composed of experienced sales professionals. Each Business Development Manager will share a book of business with an Account Manager. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value teamwork and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
The Impact: This position will drive growth for S&P; Global Platts by developing existing accounts and driving new business within those existing accounts
What’s in it for you: As a Business Development Manager, you are responsible for driving revenue growth of the S&P; Global Platts business across diverse segments in North America by developing existing business as well as new business. This role will be responsible for managing and renewing a book of business within in segment and will be paired with an Account Manager.
- Lead the sale of S&P; Global Platts products/services to diverse segments within (Country/Region).
- Manage and renew existing clients
- Identify and initiate new client relationships
- Develop and nurture deep and strong relationships with client organizations, addressing their needs, and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop an exceptional understanding of, and stay current on, the S&P; Global Platts products and functionality and their application to specific clients/job functions
- Produce accurate sales forecasting and keep an up-to-date pipeline, contacts and meeting notes in SalesForce CRM system
- Stay current on competitor offerings to identify the strengths and vulnerabilities of S&P; Global Platts offerings in comparison
- Contribute to the business strategy through a deep understanding of industry requirements, market trends and client requirements
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with clients and prospects
- Work with sales specialists, other functions and channel partners where required to proactively address customer requirements
- Develop and maintain territory and account plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis
What We’re Looking For: You have exceptional communication skills and are able to articulate ideas and complex information in a clear and structured manner. You have in-depth knowledge of the commodities market industry and well-aware of what’s happening. You have strong personal integrity and work well in a team selling environment. Additionally, you are very good negotiator have a sound understanding of the sales cycle.
- Bachelor degree in business, commerce or related subjects
- Relevant consultative sales experience
- Strong communication, organization, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong personal integrity and a confident, positive manner
- Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency
- Work effectively in a team-based environment as well as independently
- Desire and flexibility to learn and grow in an ever-changing environment
- A proven and successful professional business to business sales record
- Motivated by growing business beyond where people think it can go
- Some travel required
At S&P; Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P; Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P; Global Platts is a division of S&P; Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P; Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.