Who are we?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Client Engagement Manager. Our ideal candidate is a highly organized, skilled communicator who has client management experience. They are excited to be operating in a fast-paced environment on a small, rapidly-growing team. This is a great opportunity for an account manager at an agency who is looking to get into a great, mission-driven startup; or perhaps you worked in consulting for a few years and are looking to transition into a growing business.
- Manage client relationships and help to identify new ways for GA to contribute to their upskilling and reskilling strategies
- Create, plan, and execute on engagement strategies for delivering online learning to Fortune 500 companies around the globe
- Partner with GA’s global network of subject matter experts to deliver in-person training programs in data, product management, tech, digital marketing, and innovation culture
- Design and execute blended learning events to bridge the gap between in-person and online learning
- Evaluate data to drive product insights and continually improve metrics around online course usage and satisfaction
Skills & Qualifications
We're looking for someone with 2-4 years of prior work experience, with a killer work ethic, polished communication skills, infectious positive energy, and a passion for fast-paced and dynamic environments. The ideal candidate has experience in client management, project management, and polished communication skills. Our team is growing quickly, and we’re looking for people who bring an infectious positive energy, love to get their hands dirty, and have a passion for fast-paced and dynamic environments.
Background in technology or online learning is a plus, but we are specifically interested in the following traits:
- You are entrepreneurial and scrappy
- You prefer the opportunity that comes from being part of a small team to the predictability that comes with larger organizations. You are comfortable with ambiguity and not afraid of getting your hands dirty.
- You are highly organized
- You take great pride in your organizational skills. You have alarmingly impressive skills with your calendar and inbox, and strong opinions on productivity hacks and note-taking approaches.
- You are a strong communicator
- You can communicate in a structured, concise, and compelling way with our corporate partners and our internal teams of software developers, UX designers, product managers, instructional designers, and sales reps.
- You are savvy with data
- You know how to translate data into insights for our partners and internal product team. You are an unabashed fan of spreadsheets, and can slice, dice, and visualize data to uncover important trends in product engagement.
- You have a sharp product sense
- You can translate qualitative and quantitative user feedback into actionable items for the product team. You keep metrics top-of-mind and know what it takes for our customers and our business to succeed.
- You are collaborative but self-directed
You enjoy working with others, but are independent and resourceful and require minimal guidance. You are not possessive of ideas or thin-skinned when it comes to critique.
- Action Oriented
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Customer Focus
- Process Management
- Peer Relationships
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Written Communications
- Technical Learning