Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Client team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and enhancing client software for Netskope Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) and Next Gen Secure Web Gateway solutions and solving some of the most challenging cloud access & data security problems for enterprise customers.
- Work with a group of brilliant engineers to build service technologies that enable a CASB and Next Gen Secure Web Gateway holistic solutions.
- Write high-throughput code using the latest software development techniques.
- Understand requirement specs, research/find appropriate solutions, design/implement the feature with high quality ensuring reliability, sustainability, scalability, observability.
- Work with Product Management to understand requirements.
- Write and execute dev test routines for your modules.
- Work with QA to help them better test our product.
- Minimum 8 years of work experience in the areas of cloud, network, or endpoint security solutions and/or product development.
- Ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, developers, etc
Preferred Technical Skills
- Strong programming skills with Node.js, Python, Golang, or C++
- Experience in designing and shipping APIs.
- Understanding of REST, HTTPS, TLS, WebSocket technologies.
- Experience in building and sustaining cloud, network or endpoint security software.
- Expertise in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes deployment.
- Proponent of TDD a big plus; knowledge of various unit testing frameworks.
Desired Technical Skills
- Familiarity with web data formats like JSON, XML, MIME, etc.
- Knowledge of cryptography techniques.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including listening, speaking, and writing
- Determined and ready to roll up sleeves to respond to the needs of customers proactively and promptly.
- Achievement-oriented and willing to take responsibility for their own actions.
- Innovative and out-of-the box thinking to foster original ideas.
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.