Research Director, Ad Sales and Data Solutions
The Research Director for Ad Sales and Data Solutions will primarily be responsible for aiding in the execution and monetization of advanced and data-driven TV advertising opportunities. The Director will work closely with the newly formed Data Solutions team and Business Intelligence team to provide input and help project manage various advanced advertising schedules. They will also work closely with Ad Sales, Pricing & Planning, Digital and Research counterparts as well as agency and clients. In addition, this role will also service the day to day Ad Sales research efforts across the AMC Networks portfolio which includes supporting linear and digital efforts across AMC Networks by providing audience measurement, consumer insights and marketing positioning by creating effective research stories/presentations that will help generate business for AMCN Ad Sales.
- Work with Data Solutions Sales team to cultivate programmatic, addressable and other data-driven offerings
- Utilizing our internal Ad Solutions tool to aid in the building and optimization of targeted advertising plans
- Work closely with Pricing & Planning to develop and streamline implementation of data-driven plans and stewardship tools
- Analyze spend data to help identify spending trends and key advertisers for advanced targeting efforts.
- Be an internal Subject Matter Expert on Advanced TV to help educate and advocate for data-driven advertising solutions
- A focus on helping monetize AMCN’s assets
- Provide data and analytics-centric solutions for Ad Sales
- Work with the AMCN Ad Sales teams to maximize revenue opportunities. Leverage internal and syndicated data to create and present effective sales positioning that differentiates AMCN portfolio in the marketplace.
- Support sales/marketing with the development of positioning stories to highlight the value of our digital and cross-platform audience and sponsorship opportunities to the advertising community.
- Create, analyze, and distribute weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports as well as ad hoc and campaign specific insights.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater
- 7+ years of experience in research and ad sales solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of media, data science, analytics and emerging technologies
- Strong understanding and vision around the advanced TV landscape
- Nielsen audience ratings and TV syndicated research systems such as Nielsen NPower, Nielsen Ad Intel, Nielsen Catalina, Nielsen Buyer Insights, MRI and Simmons (or similar system).
- Cross-platform measurement systems such as Google Analytics, Comscore, Rentrak, ListenFirst, Facebook Insights, Nielsen OCR, comScore VCE, Nielsen Total Content Ratings, Digital Content Ratings, etc.
- Knowledge of linear and digital ad operations
- Must be a team player who is a strategic and creative thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Managerial experience