The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate prior revenue results and leadership qualities with two (2) to four (4) years of direct sales experience in the sports multi-media environment. The candidate must be driven and coachable to execute the OUTFRONT Media Sports revenue model and to understand the distinctive relationship with University of Denver Athletics, which has created a new standard in collegiate multi-media rights management landscape.Successful candidate will work out of the Denver Sports Properties offices on campus and be motivated to:
- Work with the Athletics Director and OMS senior level staff to pitch and close enterprise partnership agreements
- Prospect , meet and close a significant number of new and renewal high level corporate sponsorships
- Generate incremental sponsorship revenue to meet and exceed individual and team goals
- Uphold and support by example a culture of hard work, creativity – always building team belief in the revenue goal
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help develop and execute a sales plan to meet and/or exceed assigned annual revenue targets
- Identify potential sponsors for Denver Sports Properties through networking with University of Denver stakeholders and business partners, researching local, regional and national companies, and selling them marketing platforms that incorporate sponsorship inventory including entitlements, signage, the digital assets, print, promotion, community involvement and hospitality.
- Work with OMS and University of Denver Athletics executives to create sales inventory, revenue projections and overall sponsorship strategy for University of Denver Athletics assets.
- Develop compelling sales presentations for new marketing partners by incorporating research, category dynamics and a clear understanding of partner’s marketing goals.
- Manage the sales process from start to finish (create proposals and draft/negotiate contracts).
- Develop key marketing objectives with clients via thorough needs assessment and a collaborative sales process.
- Entertain and cultivate sponsors in various settings.
- Be available for game days and evening athletic events and coaches shows.
- Be available to travel for client presentations.
- Prepare end-of-year recaps for sponsors.
- Represent Denver Sports Properties, University of Denver and OMS in a professional manner.
- Research sports sponsorship industry and stay current with relevant market trends and conditions.
- Supports and exhibits behavior consistent with the sales and service philosophy of OUTFRONT Media Sports.
- Acts with diplomacy as a representative of OUTFRONT Media Sports and the University.
- Performs other related duties as required
- BA or BS degree required
- Proven sales record with integrated and “conceptual” sales
- Ability to generate and present ideas/concepts succinctly and provide creative solutions to prospects/clients
- Must be able to work nights and weekends around sporting events
- Outstanding communication skills are essential for interactions with clients, operational leaders and other senior executives
- Demonstrated professional sales presentation skills
- Must show proof of automobile insurance.