VP Marketing, Product and Experience (L14)
Reporting to the CMO of the PayPal-Synchrony partnership, the Product and Experience VP is responsible for owning and innovating Synchrony’s credit products, enhancing the user experience and delivering marketing operational support. This leader will engage with PayPal’s Product UX team, understand and improve the customer journey and lead internal Synchrony technology and agile development teams. This position requires close partnership with internal Synchrony teams as well as PayPal’s product and technology teams.
- Collaborate with PayPal’s product team to drive innovation and deliver amazing user experiences
- Assume the role of business-product owner and lead the cross functional agile teams in the development of enhanced functionality
- Translate PayPal’s vision and specific technology enhancement into user stories per Agile methodologies
- Own Marketing Operations delivery for the portfolio including capturing campaign/initiative requirements, workbook preparation, vendor management and oversight
- Lead a group of Product, UX and Cross-functional team members in creating and launching innovative web experiences across desktop, tablet and mobile based on mobile-first designs
- Provide coaching and inspired leadership expected of A Great Place to Work.
- Partner with the Synchrony Client and COE Product and Digital teams, capture product enhancement opportunities, help prioritize the product roadmaps and lead the project development
- Maintain a strong understanding of competitor products and experiences and find opportunities to continue to enhance the customer journey
- Drive strategic initiatives from wing to wing including developing the business case, selling the opportunity internally and externally
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the PayPal Credit business while developing a documented fact-base on various facets of the business, e.g., products, channels, marketing tactics, etc.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree OR in lieu of degree; high school diploma/GED and 15+ years of marketing experience.
- 10+ years of technology marketing experience with critical experiences in amongst others: product development, user experience, channel management; and strategic planning and analysis
- 5+ years Digital Marketing
- Ability to travel as required
- Strong leadership capability and presence
- Exceptional relationship building and client leadership abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and in a small team environment
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 115,000.00 – 230,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.