AVP, Senior API Engineer (L11)
This role is based in the greater Baltimore area.
Billions of transactions—and you’ll touch all of them if you join our IT team as an Assistant Vice President, Digital System Engineer. Imagine the sheer scale of what we impact every second of every day. Now imagine what you can do with that influence—this is where you can shape the future of payments.
As an Assistant Vice President, Senior API Engineeryou’ll be an architect of our digital platforms helping to lead the entire system development process. You’ll participate in hack-a-thons, partner with universities on innovation events, work with our famed Stamford Innovation Station—you’ll bring us ideas about how to do things differently. You’ll be defining what Software Engineering means here—and how it can affect the entire industry.
It’s the ideal time to come aboard—we’re focused on the future, continuing to evolve as a company and help define the financial technology industry. With so much opportunity available, this is where you can make your mark.
- Passionate about creating amazing digital platforms that can empower a Fortune 200 company
- Have common sense—can you think through your designs to make sure they’re the best? Are a coder who’s also a problem solver, capable of creating elegant, testable code that’s robust and scalable
- Disruptive and interesting in the commerce space
- Excited to work with product, marketing and project management as one agile team
- Have tech chops: experience architecting mission critical digital applications is a must
- Influence and collaborate to create amazing web applications
- Mentor and influence up and down the chain of command
- Participate in Agile scrums with cross-functional teams
- Participate in agile sprints including planning, daily standups, backlog grooming sessions and reviews
- Analyze production defects, troubleshoot systems, identify root cause and implement fixes
- Provide 24×7 on-call support periodically throughout the year
- Work with third party vendors to develop software and/or integrate their software into our products
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 5 years of experience with Java application development OR, in lieu of degree, High School Diploma/GED 9 years of java application development experience
- Experience with Web Services / API’s, Java Spring Boot, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
- Deep experience architecting and consuming web services via SOAP and REST
- Deep Agile expertise
- Strong Java Spring development skills
- Experience building Java Struts web applications
- Experience with dependency management tools like Maven
- Experience with continuous integration environments like Jenkins
- Experience building and deploying application on Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience with writing unit, integration, and UI test cases
- Working knowledge of the mobile industry including HTML5, Android, mobile web
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.