VP, Product Design & Growth
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
This role will lead product design and be a principal catalyst for growth across all digital platforms for AMC Networks. The role will report into the SVP of digital and drive innovative solutions through a data-driven, user-centric approach. The VP will work closely with product, content, marketing, CRM, BI, engineering, franchise and ad sales stakeholders to evolve the user experience and create incremental opportunities for consumer engagement.
The ideal candidate is both a strategic and critical thinker with the ability to execute. S/he possesses the ability to design compelling UI/UX that is seamless and intuitive based on an understanding of customer journeys. A focus on daily operations is imperative. Critical to the role is the commitment to challenge the status quo, and build processes to consistently set a world-class product experience. Comfort with agile transformation and a relentless focus on quality will be required.
- Lead the holistic view of the product across integration (customer and technical) points to provide a superior seamless experience from daily improvements to longer-term strategies.
- Create end-to-end customer journeys that inform new product features and provoke new businesses. Responsible for the complete user journey from initial touchpoint (including marketing, on-air, etc.) through completion.
- Leverage state of the art tools and techniques to change the method of interaction with customers.
- Use primary customer research and analytics to develop a deep understanding of how customers engage, what matters to them and identify pain points.
- Grow audiences for multi-brand, multi-platform digital products (OTT, Mobile, web, games, etc.) by improving day-to-day messaging and prioritization.
- Establish KPIs for growth, formulating strategies, prioritizing and executing on tactical plans for customer acquisition and retention.
- Synthesize product and consumer trends, propose hypothesis, test via A/B testing tools, document and recommend clear and specific solutions to meet consumer needs.
- Manage and report on all product-based consumer data, behavioral insights through rich, intuitive data visualization methods to inform daily marketing/business needs.
- Oversee the product design priorities within the product roadmap, translating business needs into creative and customer opportunities.
- Build and document growth and acquisition best practices with supporting data.
- 10+ years experience in digital media or a related field, including at least 5+ years of highly relevant experience working on customer acquisition, activation and retention—preferably at a media company.
- In depth understanding of product design. A holistic thinker who has an eye for detail for typography, color theory, copy and product messaging, etc. across all customer touchpoints.
- Agile processes and sprints planning, iterative product development and continuous deployment.
- Experience building creative teams and leading product managers.
- Extensive knowledge of UX methodologies and tools.
- Deep understanding of research tools, data analysis, and competitive analysis.
- Masters degree.