Social Marketing Designer
OVERVIEW OF ROLE (Scope)
You love the Internet. You love keeping up with the ever-changing social media landscape. You know the difference between a fan and a Liker. You inherently understand the difference between the audiences on Instagram, Snapchat Discover, and YouTube. You understand why designing for social is different from designing for banner ads.
You would gladly nerd out over the differences between designing for print, motion, and for the Internet, where you need maximum shareability.
You create memes in your sleep.
You want to tell stories through the art on our pages, and understand how that story across channels ladders up to a bigger narrative.
You think that testing and engagement data can lead to more compelling creative executions for our fans.
The Social Designer works hand-in-hand on the Social Marketing team with the Social Content Producer, who creates motion content, and the Social Marketing Manager who writes all social copy, manages the communities, develops the social strategy and voice. Additionally, working closely with the Design Director, the Social Designer will develop a cohesive look and feel for a set of shows across all social channels. S/he will create all of the social assets for the show, including pre-premiere, in-season, and bridge content.
Content includes, but is not limited to, static images, GIFs, cinemagraphs, and microvideos. Channels include, but are not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Snapchat.KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Relevant graphic, video, and interactive production/design experience is required. The candidate must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and work on fast-track art production as part of a team.
Graphic design and production:
- Graphic design of images, memes, GIFS, etc. for use in social media
- Good typography skills
- Illustration skills
- Video editing (basic)
- 2D and 3D animation (3D not required but preferred)
- Project deadlines
- Project deliverables
- Quality assurance
- Coordination with outside vendors
- Manage database of multimedia assets
- Hard drive backups and software updates
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (Both Internal & External)
VP of Production, VP of Design Services, VP of Marketing, Creative Director, Director of Social Marketing, Social Marketing Manager, Social Coordinator, Social Content Producers, Art Directors. Director of Social Analytics, CRM. Agency partners. Platform partners (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS (Required & Preferred)
- 2+ years of professional social, digital design, motion graphics, and production experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, including, i.e., After Effects, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Media Encoder, Cinema 4D or similar, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in designing for television/entertainment a plus.
- Attention to detail, good organization, and dependability
- A problem solver who gets things done
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- You must be nimble to respond to the world at large to serve our fan communities