Gainsight is a venture-backed, fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. They help businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe, and Workday. Gainsight offers their employees benefits like:
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first. Our values — Golden Rule, Success for All, Child-like Joy, Shoshin, and Staying Thirsty — guides us towards that mission.
Gainsight is the leader in customer success and product experience software. The Gainsight Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, Gainsight brings together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Leading companies such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Tableau, Splunk, and Box choose Gainsight culminating in our recognition as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, and India. Gainsight is a remote-friendly workplace. Gainsight was recognized as one of the Best Work-From-Home companies in 2021.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age. By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to put your fingerprints on our next phase of scale and customer impact, giving you the opportunity to apply and grow your expertise.Job Description
Gainsight is looking for a Content Specialist that will support Customer Success strategy and operations programs with compelling, exec-level Customer Success best practice content used with customers by CSMs, CS Leadership and our 1:many teams.
This role is a key part of our Customer Success Ops + Scale Organization which runs the programs, processes, and systems that customer facing teams and customers rely on to achieve value with Gainsight. Within the Ops + Scale org, you will partner closely with the teams responsible for Best Practices, internal Enablement and external customer communications.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Success Strategy, this opportunity starts as an individual contributor to lead cross functional initiatives. We’re looking for someone with a passion to train and educate others, enabling them to succeed. In this role, you will build credible, highly collaborative relationships with Customer Success, Marketing and Product to ensure effective execution of Gainsight’s product and best practice enablement with customers.
What You Will Do:
- Create exec-level content (Presentations, Info Sheets, Step by Step Guides, Documents, Email, etc.) for Customer Success processes, Customer Success best practices, Product launches, and Customer Success tools.
- Create client-facing content that drives awareness and adoption of entitled features - used by CSMs or adapted by the Scale team for 1:Many programs
- Manage content needs around Gainsight’s recommended best practices to get the most out of our platform. Work with Product Management and Product Marketing to translate new products and features into usable tools and content for the Post-Sales teams.
- Collaborate closely with a global CS team to define CS content tone and style appropriate for target audience
- Maintaining a cross-functional mindset and partnering with internal Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop best-in-class resources
- Creating strong feedback loops to collect information and stories for constant program improvement and evaluating the success of enablement programs
Example Projects (not exhaustive)
- Create a deck for CSMs to drive adoption of a newly released feature
- Update existing best practices to align with new functionality and to new ways of getting value
- Redesign the approach and supporting resources for key customer moments: Transition to CS, Executive Business Review, etc.
- Create a set of executive emails that showcase specific outcomes and best practices - customized based on the client’s specific goals
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree, or 4+ years practical experience in customer success enablement, education/training, enterprise customer success management at a software company required
- Experience establishing processes, supporting teams, developing relationships, and managing end-to-end for a portfolio of concurrent programs
- Easily translate technical concepts into clear instructions or guidance - emails, documents and slides - for non-technical people
- Customer-centric; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills. With focus on building partnerships with internal and external customers, including colleagues and all levels of the organization.
- Strong technical skills - and a dedication to your own professional development.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment and prioritize appropriately to meet project timelines; you will get to hit the ground running shortly after joining
- Excellent ability to build programs that effectively enable organizations to scale with the tools and skills needed to succeed.
- Have experience with Customer Success methodologies, process, and training best practices
- Have experience building and maintaining onboarding programs
- Hands-on experience with Customer Success tools as a user or administrator
- Curiosity & desire to learn new skills and step into unknown challenges
- Proven ability to design and deliver effective content
- Team player who has the ability to get buy-in across departments and seniority levels
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first.
Your job should never be a barrier to your happiness—it should be an avenue to achieve it. At Gainsight, we’re passionate about achieving our goals—at the office and everywhere—and we work every day to create an environment that nurtures our best selves.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe in success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is to think more, not do more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new category from scratch and we continue to be the thought leader in Customer Success.
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Our technology allows companies to drive retention and growth by delivering the value customers demand.
- Our Impact: In addition to helping companies grow, we’ve committed to $100 million in wage expansion for underrepresented groups over the next few years.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Our team is composed of innovative Customer Success thought leaders and experts in their field from various industries.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.