Social Marketing Content Producer
OVERVIEW OF ROLE (Scope)
You love the Internet. You love keeping up with the ever-changing social media landscape. You know the difference between a fan and a Liker. You inherently understand the difference between the audiences on Instagram, Snapchat Discover, and YouTube. You want to excite fans with the content that you make.
You create memes and GIFS in your sleep.
You want maximum shareability.
You want to tell stories on our pages and understand how that story across channels ladders up to a bigger narrative.
You think that testing and engagement data can lead to more compelling creative executions for our fans.
The Social Content Producer is a part of the Social Marketing team working closely with the Social Marketing Manager (who writes all social copy, manages the communities, develops the social strategy and voice.) Together with the Creative Director and Social Designer, the Social Content Producer will develop a cohesive look and feel for a set of shows across all social channels. They will create all the social assets for the show, including pre-premiere, in-season, and bridge content.
Content includes, but is not limited to, static images, GIFs, social promos, “snackable” moments from trailers and episodes. Channels include, but are not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Snapchat.KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Relevant graphic, video, and interactive production/design experience is required. Responsibilities will include conceiving and creating social promos, mobile and social content, as well as digital activations to support various network properties. You should be comfortable writing, editing and producing, working as a member of a team and self-sufficiently.
Content design and production:
- Basic design of images, memes, GIFS, etc. for use in social media
- Video editing (basic)
- Under the guidance of the art and creative directors ensure clear and consistent communication of the AMC shows and brand on social media channels.
- Develop/ execute motion strategy within social channels (gifs, slow motion, boomerang, hyperlapse, real-time content posting)
- Propose and explore new ideas to keep the AMC social media voice relevant and innovative
- Understanding the content best served on different social media platforms
Collaborate with other teams to maintain unified cross-marketing channels and promotions
- Meet project deadlines
- Deliver project deliverables
- Manage production content for multiple social media platforms
- Quality assurance
- Coordination with outside vendors
- Manage database of multimedia assets
- Hard drive backups and software updates
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (Both Internal & External)
VP of Production, VP of Design Services, VP of Marketing, Creative Director, Director of Social Marketing, Social Marketing Manager, Social Coordinator, Social Content Producers, Art Directors. Director of Social Analytics, CRM. Agency partners. Platform partners (Facebook & Instagram , Twitter) And, most importantly, fans of AMC shows.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required & Preferred)
- Must submit a compilation of relevant work
- 3-5 Yrs relevant experience
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
- Experience with FinalCutPro, Premiere, or Avid, After Effects, or other motion editing software a plus
- Prior experience in social content creation for television/entertainment a plus.
- Attention to detail, good organization, and dependability
- A problem solver who gets things done
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- You must be nimble, clever and pithy to respond to the world at large to serve our fan communities