Administrative Assistant, IT
This position provides complete administrative support to the organization by relieving Executive of complex details and advanced administrative duties that contributes to the efficient operation and performance of the business unit. Works fairly independently, receiving a minimum level of detailed supervision and guidance. Maintains close and highly responsive relationship to day-to-day activities of the Executive.
- Answers and screens Executive’s telephone calls and visitors. Tactfully handles inquiries and/or refers to appropriate party. Reviews and answers mail and inquiries on own initiative and determines if Executive action is required. Refers routine matters to appropriate person for action and follows up to ensure completion.
- Schedules and maintains Executive’s calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements. Anticipates and prepares meeting materials, charts and reports needed by Executive.
- Independently gathers, compiles and analyzes information from multiple sources; prepares a variety of complex reports, manuals or agendas. Composes routine and non-routine correspondence, memoranda, reports, etc, which are generally confidential in nature. Uses various PC software packages such as spreadsheets, word processing, and graphics to produce high quality reports, presentations, or other documents.
- Acts as liaison between the Executive and his/her direct reports, as well as internal and external contacts. Coordinates activities, conducts research and ensures that requests are carried out. Handles a wide variety of situations and tasks involving the clerical and administrative functions of the office, which often cannot be brought to the attention of the Executive.
- Coordinates all paperwork necessary for the Executive to approve. This includes, but not limited to, attendance sheets, travel and expense vouchers, personnel requisitions, performance appraisals, personnel action forms (PAF) and authorization payment forms (APF), including WebPac. Follows up with other departments to ensure that requests are carried out and activities are coordinated.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining office supplies for the department. Ensures that office equipment works properly. Coordinates repair requests with facilities and/or outside vendors. Maintains records on all repairs and orders.
- Assists department in special projects as requested by the Executive. May provide support to manager’s direct reports.
- High school diploma, advanced secretarial education or college preferred.
- Broad knowledge of company organization, policies and practices.
- Excellent knowledge, with proven experience, of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Proven logical skills, well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain highest degree of confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Must be flexible to work overtime on short notification