Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing the industry?
HomeAway, an Expedia Group brand is hiring for a Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy and Development. In this role, you will be a key member of the Corporate Strategy team, responsible for leading corporate strategic initiatives including business development, corporate development, strategic planning, and new business incubation activities. This role provides a unique opportunity to gain exposure to a wide cross section of HomeAway’s business operations and work across the entire spectrum of key functions within HomeAway. You will work closely with the product, marketing, analytics, finance, and sales organizations to drive corporate strategy initiatives focusing on helping HomeAway evaluate, test, and scale exciting new business opportunities and strategic initiatives.
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
What you’ll do:
- Work effectively across all business and support functions (Executive Management, Corporate Strategy, Business Intelligence, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product and Technology) to coordinate activities and help drive strategic initiatives.
- Support the Strategy and Corporate Development Team with analysis, strategic planning, project management.
- Assist teams in the framing of complex business challenges, understand the “big picture” quickly, identify key issues, prioritize analysis & drive subsequent analysis to arrive at a well-structured solution.
- Develop thoughtful strategic analyses and frameworks to help create alignment and prioritization of new opportunities across the leadership team.
- Assist with ad-hoc strategic projects and annual strategic planning process as needed.
- Evaluate and address inbound business development and corporate development inquiries.
- Leverage existing network to drive strategic initiatives and partnerships.
- Derive insights from internal and external data that enables leadership to make critical business and investment decisions.
Who you are:
- Profile / Skills:
- An MBA from a top program with a record of academic excellence.
- Over three years of work experience in roles such as a top tier consulting or investment banking firm, strategic development/business development, or in-house strategic planning functions.
- Experience in real estate market, particularly multi-family housing a strong plus.
- Knowledge of travel/vacation rental sector also a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to run operationally efficient projects for ambiguous, complex assignments.
- Demonstrated excellence in quantitative and strategic analysis.
- Familiarity with technical elements of typical online businesses and marketplaces.
- Exceptional modeling skills (SQL, Tableau, Excel, etc.) & analytic horsepower to drive data analysis with or without the aid of additional resources.
- True passion for the travel and vacation rental industries with desire to form ongoing industry relationships.