HomeAway is looking for a talented senior engineer to join our Payments team and build the next generation of HomeAway's secure payment platform which handles billions of transactions for HomeAway. Our PCI compliant platform executes billions of dollars worth of transactions and represents a 24x7 mission critical suite of services. With your skillful contributions, we will continue to expand our payment options, make our applications scalable, reliable and build out a world-class payments infrastructure.
As a member of the Payments team, you will be working on state of the art on payments technology and leading-edge payment methods for the vacation rental marketplace. Your contributions will HomeAway to securely take payments in multiple payment methods and currencies from across the globe. This directly affects HomeAway’s goal to have 100% on-line bookable inventory and make the rental of a vacation home a better end to end experience than a hotel.
What you’ll do:
- Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Write code! This role requires a highly skilled software engineer who is comfortable in an agile environment.
- Constantly improve the systems by vigilantly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code.
- Huge enthusiasm in learning new stack or platform when the requirement demands.
- Own new features from design to production release.
- Improve the systems with your innovative solutions.
- Results oriented self-managed individual - proven track record of delivering on your estimates with minimal oversight.
- Find creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Be able to develop scalable, tested, and reliable applications.
- Have practical experience delivering production applications in a distributed SOA environment.
- Develop quality software using industry best practices in all aspects of the software development process.
- Conduct peer code reviews and is a resource for junior developers.
- Be able to build appropriate tests to test, track and maintain the quality of the system with the automated test suites in the CICD pipelines.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions both internally and across the organization.
- Be able to work with product management, cross-development-teams, customer services, and operations to resolve issues in an agile environment.
- Maintain and grow a performant production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly maintainable, reliable and monitored.
- Create and maintain quality software using best of breed tools like Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar, and TeamCity.
- Ready to work to improve the services & clients experience.
Who you are:
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 10+ years of professional software development experience (Java, Spring, REST, Git, Python, JUnit, TestNG, MyBatis, Jersey, jetty, JMX, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience in AWS Cloud stack or equivalent, Kafka etc.,
- Having Payments & E-Commerce experience is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Technical leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge of Security domain including Security Filters and common Encryption Technologies.
- Deep knowledge of web services standards and related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST)
- Knowledge and experience in production server side development in Java.
- Experience with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Mysql, etc.).
- Comprehension of HTTP, ReST, and web services.
- Strong software development skills (configuration management, issue tracking, estimation, Agile/Scrum).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.