Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Product Manager- Patient Engagement will play a critical role within the product management setup that is responsible for Optum’s portfolio of technology and services in the Patient Engagement space. You will own the product roadmap for a key capability that health systems are investing in and partnering with Optum to jointly solve complex problems. If you have been a patient and find the logistics of finding, preparing, and paying for care frustrating, then this is a great opportunity to help craft simple yet delightful experiences for the broader patient community.
This is a remote role and will report to the Senior Director responsible for the overall solution.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with end users and other internal stakeholders (operations, sales, client management, Research and Development, data science, user experience etc.) to uncover opportunities for improvement in the current product as well as new unmet opportunities in adjacent spaces
- Work with vendor partners to ensure timely, complete, and high-quality delivery of roadmap items
- Work with senior management and other product managers in the group to refine and hone broader portfolio strategy and evangelize the same to partner stakeholders
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems and solve complex problems and/or conduct detailed analyses
- Champion the voice of customer in the “product build” process by optimizing time spent in the market talking to clients and prospects across several workstreams (user-groups, discovery roadmap reviews) and phases (ideation, execution, launch and maintenance)
- Create and maintain compelling product roadmap by finding the right balance between client (both buyers and users) needs and internal business priorities
- In collaboration with finance, create business case and financial models to “raise capital” internally to drive strategic priorities
- Partner with internal and or external teams to build and deliver world class product capabilities in an agile setup using build-measure-learn approach
- Help maintain groomed, prioritized product backlog
- Embrace continuous data driven development
- Provide engineers with well-articulated user stories that include the rationale for building any new capability and clear acceptance criteria
- BYOD – bring your own data for decision meetings
- Measure product and process performance on reasonable frequency (e.g., monthly)
- Serve as subject matter expert for the domain
- Assist in responding to RFPs
- Own competitive intelligence
- Perform product demos for prospects and clients
- Represent Optum/Product as SME in relevant industry forums/conferences etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in public health or technology or economics
- 3+ years of experience in product management, strategic consulting, or other professional services
- 3+ years of experience in patient access (scheduling, pre-registration, insurance verification, financial counseling) OR registration (ED, inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory) OR patient financial services (pre-billing, billing, follow-up, cash posting, account resolution)
- Integration or operational experience with Epic EMR system
- Healthcare B2B product experience
- Contact center experience
- Vendor management and contracting experience
- Hands on ability to create quick and dirty low-fidelity flow/system diagrams
- Ability to bring clarity to complex/ambiguous business problems by asking the right questions
- Ability to analyze data to identify trends and issues and pick key-insights
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing projects and optimize for speed
- Ownership/accountability to create energy and drive projects
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Comfortable talking to clients and prospects consistently
- Ability to effectively communicate; both written and presentation - in a highly matrixed org, bringing along partner stakeholders in the journey crucial for success
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Product Manager, Patient Engagement, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote