Sales and Training Hub Manager - (Based in San Francisco, CA only)
Sales and Training Hub Manager - (Based in San Francisco, CA only)
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. Operating in four countries across 40+ Hub locations, Microsoft Store Direct Sales and Support serves small and medium businesses, educators, and consumers through personalized sales, end-to-end solutions, customer success training, and on-demand virtual support. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
A Hub Manager manages a dynamic team of Hub employees at multiple levels by leading the rhythm of business (e.g., check-ins), holding others accountable, and coaching the team to ensure targets are met. Inspires the team to be customer-obsessed, delivering full solutions, showcasing the latest Microsoft products and services, and empowers the team to remove barriers to customer satisfaction. Oversees, implements, and communicates sales, training, and support business strategies and department-specific plans in alignment with company priorities to ensure a seamless employee and customer experience. Analyzes sales, financial reports (e.g., profits & losses, sales metrics), and feedback from customers and employees to ensure growth. Ensures integrity and compliance in business operations and oversees staffing and hiring process for the Hub. Supports promotions for all of Microsoft. Adapts to short and long-term changes in environment, business, and Opex budget by pivoting strategies to meet goals.Responsibilities
- Motivates a team by empowering employees and leaders to collaborate and do their best work, creating an inclusive environment, and ensuring all voices are heard. Inspires the team to be customer-obsessed, delivering full solutions and showcasing the latest products and services that Microsoft has to offer. Coaches the Hub leadership team, ensuring alignment and accountability between Hub business functions. Oversees, implements, and clearly communicates sales, training, and support business strategies and department-specific plans in alignment with company priorities (e.g., Corporate, Market, Hub) to ensure a seamless employee and customer experience.
- Manages a dynamic team of Hub employees at multiple levels by leading the rhythm of business (e.g., check ins), holding others accountable, and following up with and coaching team members to ensure targets are met. Ensures integrity and compliance in business operations. Keeps up to date on the current status of Hub business functions and areas of responsibilities and communicates Hub updates to leadership. Provides communication and ensures awareness of company goals and direction with assistance from the team.
- Manages employee functions by supporting and resolving conflicts, addressing disciplinary concerns and progress, carrying out rewards processes, and leading other people-related functions, leveraging Human Resources partners and leadership for assistance and guidance. Oversees staffing and hiring process for the Hub by managing headcount, coordinating with external recruiting partners, guiding the interview processes, and ensuring staffing needs are met to attract, develop, and inspire the Hub team.
- Ensures completion of and supplements training models to ensure proper product and services knowledge for all associates. Evaluates, ensures completion of, and supplements onboarding procedures and processes for new hires in their respective roles within the store/Hub. Fosters a continuous learning environment for store/Hub employees to increase their capabilities. Leads the team by example (e.g., challenger mindset), finding solutions to create and maintain a high level of customer experience. Drives future-focused talent strategy to build diverse bench strength for greater Microsoft including succession planning and sharing knowledge, best practices, and learnings. Seeks to inspire and attract future
- Drives a culture that consistently obsesses over our customers, innovates, builds on the ideas of others, and impacts overall business results through passionate and motivated teams. Represents the face of Microsoft to all customers (internal and external) to grow customer success. Oversees customer interactions in the Hub to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Empowers the team to remove barriers or customer dissatisfactions, including both digital customers and in-person customers. Acts as a key partner for One Microsoft for all customer escalations that occur. Coaches the team on how to respond to challenging situations and ensures proactive communication around incidents. Addresses and resolves highly escalated situations as needed.
- Calmly adapts to short- and long-term changes in business and pivots strategies to meet goals. Effectively responds to changing Hub environment, circumstances, and situations through customer engagements. Works at multiple levels of the organization and adapts approach to any situation.
- Drives a culture of compliance by providing supervision and accountability across the team. Ensures gaps are addressed based on audits/reviews and drives excellence in execution.
- Creates a strategy designed to deliver on Hub budget established by Finance; reviews profits and losses (P&Ls); manages within the defined Opex budget.
- Drives Hub sales and financial performance for small-to-medium businesses (SMB), and education. Analyzes sales, financial reports (e.g., profits and losses [P&Ls], sales metrics), and feedback from customers and employees to ensure growth (e.g., year over year). Tells the story of overall Hub business through metrics, location, and industry trends while being held accountable for the success and profitability of the Hub location. Creates strategic sales plans in partnership with corporate for team members and makes adjustments to plans as needed. Ensures employees have visibility to progress and are recognized for achievements; motivates the team to achieve results and celebrates wins.
- Inspects results, creates a culture of accountability, and sets expectations in order to deliver on sales, training, and support targets provided by Finance. Makes adjustments as needed to ensure goals are met.
If you are assigned to a location with a Microsoft Experience Center (MEC) or Company Store (ECS), a portion of your time may be spent serving customers in the MEC or ECS.Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED AND 6+ years experience with customer relationships or sales and leading sales functions
- OR Bachelor's Degree AND 4+ years experience with customer relationships or sales and leading sales functions
- 5+ years formal or informal people management experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED AND 9+ years experience with customer relationships or sales and leading sales functions
- OR Bachelor's Degree AND 7+ years experience with customer relationships or sales and leading sales functions
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualification may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.