Sr Windows Developer - CSI TX
We take our work and our fun seriously. We refuse any work that isn’t hard and engaging, we make sure our engineers have the tools they need to do their jobs, and focus on recognizing results. Our research and development projects cover the spectrum of offensive and defensive security technologies. If it runs code, somebody in our organization has looked at it or something in its class.
Potential candidates should be talented, motivated, and forward-thinking individuals who enjoy systems-level security engineering – Our engineers focus on Windows/Linux kernel development, vulnerability research, security solutions, tools and capabilities. Our ideal candidate is someone with great technical and problem-solving skills, an outgoing and energetic personality, and a high degree of creativity!
We are seeking Windows Kernel and User level Developers for positions located in Austin, TX
- Develop, debug and test kernel and user level code using the C/C++ language
- Create, test, manage, and peer review code as each developer is required to fulfill multiple roles
- Work with other performers in a large and dynamic team to integrate system components early and often
- Minimum of 6-8 years of Windows C/C++ Development Experience
- Experience with multi-threaded Windows applications (and Windows synchronization objects)
- Experience troubleshooting crash dumps
- Knowledge of software development practices including:
- Source Version Control Systems (GIT, SVN, etc.)
- Continuous Integration Tools (Buildbot, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Basic understanding of common Cryptographic Primitives (e.g. symmetric / asymmetric keys)
- Understanding of common Secure Coding Practices and code auditing
- Strong technical writing skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- U.S. citizenship status and ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Kernel Level Developer:
- Understanding of Windows Operating System internals
- Concepts such as: Kernel memory management, Interrupts, ISRs, IRL, paging, and thread scheduling
- Experience troubleshooting BSODs
- Understanding of device drivers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a “hacker”-style, flat, self-starter office culture
- Experience delivering software products to commercial and/or government customers
- Experience developing applications that utilize cryptographic algorithms and protocols
- Experience developing Computer Network Operations solutions
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering.
Equivalent work experience will be considered.Clearance required: Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation, obtain and maintain a secret clearance and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
Company Description:Raytheon Centers of Innovation is focused on providing software and hardware level information security solutions to government and Fortune 500 customers. People on our team have presented at every major security conference, have been core contributors to a laundry list of major open source projects, and integral parts of numerous successful commercial security ventures. In addition to our competitive salary, one of the best benefits is that you no longer feel like the only smart person in the room. There’s always exceptional engineers willing to share their knowledge.
Business Unit ProfileRaytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; weather and environmental solutions; information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security; and training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the mission support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counter-proliferation and counter-terrorism markets. IIS, which operates at nearly 551 sites in 80 countries, is headquartered in Dulles, VA. and generated $6 billion in 2014 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- both in the marketplace and in the workplace. We strive to hire individuals who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion in order to advance our culture, develop our employee and leaders, and grow our marketshare with our clients."
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.