Developer - CSI Austin, TX
Are you having fun at work? Are you being challenged to solve the most cutting-edge Cyber Security problems? Do you know C/C++, Python, and have experience with virtualization and advanced network design / configuration?
Raytheon Cyber Security Innovations (CSI), formerly Centers of Innovation (COI), focused on providing software andhardware level information security solutions to government andFortune 500 customers. People on our team have presented at everymajor security conference, have been core contributors to a laundrylist of major open source projects, and integral parts of numeroussuccessful commercial security ventures. In addition to ourcompetitive salary, one of the best benefits is that you no longerfeel like the only smart person in the room. There’s always someoneto learn from.
We take our work and our fun seriously. We refuse any work thatisn’t hard and engaging, we make sure our engineers have the toolsthey need to do their jobs, and focus on recognizing results. Ourresearch and development projects cover the spectrum of offensiveand defensive security technologies. If it runs code, somebody inour organization has looked at it or something in its class.
Potential candidates should be talented, motivated, and forward-thinking individuals who enjoy solving problems and making improvements to cyber system. Our ideal candidate is someone with great technical andproblem-solving skills, an outgoing and energetic personality, and ahigh degree of creativity!
We are seeking Intermediate and Senior Level Developers with experience in virtualization, networking, and security for positions located in Austin, TX.
- Debug, test, and develop improvements for user level and/or kernel level code using the C and Python language
- Create, test, manage, and peer review code, as each developer isrequired to fulfill multiple roles
- Work with other performers in a large and dynamic team tointegrate system components
- Minimum of 2-4 years of development experience in C/C++ and Python Development
- Network configuration experience (STP, GRE, bridges)
- Network programming experience (socket)
- Qemu experience
- You have knowledge of software development practices including:
- Source Version Control Systems (GIT, SVN)
- Understanding of Operating System internals
- Basic understanding of common Cryptographic Primitives
- Understanding of common Secure Coding Practices and code auditing
- Strong technical writing skills
- U.S. citizenship status
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a “hacker”-style, flat, self-starter office culture
- Experience delivering software products to commercial and/orgovernment customers
Clearance required: Qualified applicants will be subject to asecurity investigation, obtain and maintain a top secret clearance and must meet minimum qualifications foraccess to classified information.
Business Unit ProfileRaytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.