Sr Developer – Hypervisor Technologies - CSI Austin, TX
Raytheon Cyber Security Innovations (CSI), formerly Centers of Innovation is focused on providing software and hardware level information security solutions to government and Fortune 500 customers. People on our team have presented at every major security conference, have been core contributors to a laundry list of major open source projects, and integral parts of numerous successful commercial security ventures. In addition to our competitive salary, one of the best benefits is that you no longer feel like the only smart person in the room. There’s always someone to learn from.
We take our work and our fun seriously. We refuse any work that isn’t hard and engaging, we make sure our engineers have the tools they need to do their jobs, and focus on recognizing results. Our research and development projects cover the spectrum of offensive and defensive security technologies. If it runs code, somebody in our organization has looked at it or something in its class.
Potential candidates should be talented, motivated, and forward- thinking individuals who enjoy systems-level security engineering – especially Windows/Linux kernel development, hypervisors, embedded systems development, and information operations. Our ideal candidate is someone with great technical and problem-solving skills, an outgoing and energetic personality, and a high degree of creativity!
We are seeking Intermediate and Senior Level Developers with experience in Linux, VxWorks or Windows Kernel development for positions located in Austin, TX.
- Develop, debug and test hypervisor and/or kernel level code using the C language
- Create, test, manage, and peer review code, as each developer is required to fulfill multiple roles
- Work with other performers in a large and dynamic team to integrate system components early and often
- Minimum of 4 years of development experience in systems or firmware
- C/C++ Development Experience
- Experience developing hypervisor technologies
- You have knowledge of software development practices including:
- Source Version Control Systems (GIT, SVN)
- Continuous Integration Tools (Buildbot, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Understanding of Operating System internals
- Understanding of Kernel memory management
- Basic understanding of common Cryptographic Primitives
- Understanding of common Secure Coding Practices and code auditing
- Strong technical writing skills
- U.S. citizenship status
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a “hacker”-style, flat, self-starter office culture
- Experience delivering software products to commercial and/or government customers
- Experience developing applications that utilize cryptographic algorithms and protocols
Clearance required: Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation, obtain and maintain a secret clearance and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from cybersecurity to automated operations, and from high-consequence training to clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, VA. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2015 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.