Microsoft Azure - Integrated Marketing Manager
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
We are looking for a seasoned Integrated Marketing Communications specialist to join the Central Marketing Organization (CMO) in the Integrated Marketing Manager role.
The Central Marketing Organization (CMO) is anchored around a shared purpose for Customer Centricity, Marketing Thought Leadership, and Marketing and Sales Alignment. CMO accelerates the Area growth agenda through integrated marketing campaigns that delight our customers and partners and create Microsoft fans. CMO leverages deep functional and business expertise to deliver superior customer experiences through connected customer journeys and data driven storytelling. CMO builds strategic partnerships across Corp HQ and the Area to drive a digitally transformed, connected go-to-market.
The Integrated Marketing Manager (IMM) role owns the Integrated Marketing Plan for your focus area, aligned to sales and marketing plays and driving new lead generation, nurture and consumption as prioritized by the Business Group (BG) and Sales. The IMM leads strategic integrated marketing planning discussions bringing deep audience and competitive insights and marketing data to inform marketing plans and prioritize investments.
As a seasoned integrated marketing expert, you work with Sales and Marketing leaders across the company to advise on marketing strategy leveraging and scaling global go-to-market approaches and centralized demand generation plans and augmenting with local activities where critical. You are the local point of contact for the Corporate demand generation team and supporting the landing and evangelization of the global marketing strategy locally, as well as providing local feedback and insights on landing.
You deliver campaign execution excellence leading a complex vteam of local marketing stakeholders; Azure Product Marketing Managers (PMM), Partner Marketing Advisors (PMAs) and sales and segment teams. You partner with CMO Shared Services in Events, Digital and Data Insights to align local executions across all marketing channels and ensure all activities are set up properly in our tools and systems to enable tracking, reporting and local optimization. You will work closely with Corp to land programmatic marketing motions around skilling and flagships events (e.g.: Microsoft Ignite) for France.
A data-driven marketer, you leverage marketing insights dashboards daily to surface opportunities, drive marketing planning decisions with local stakeholders and lead connected sales and marketing discussions with Sales. The role requires an understanding of the sales organization’s priorities and key focus areas.
As part of the CMO team, the Integrated Marketing Manager embraces the company’s Marketing principles, maximizes local marketing spend and driving marketing efficiency, marketing impact, and scale, and is a local Microsoft brand steward.
With depth of knowledge on your product/solution area, you develop the Integrated Marketing plan that supports the growth, usage and consumption revenue objectives for Azure and ensure positioning and messaging for Azure that is clear, distinctive & differentiated to the audience - BDM, IT Decision Makers, IT Pro, Developer & End User.
Deliver marketing impact against key business goal by acquiring and nurturing leads and supporting consumption
- Develop and execute the integrated marketing plan on Azure to deliver BG and Sales priorities: lead gen/awareness campaigns, sales engagement, skilling plan…
- Understand the audience, market, and competitive landscape to deliver differentiated programs by scenario.
- Leverage and localize global programs, positioning, messaging, and content. Provide local feedbacks and insights to corporate marketing stakeholders. à Execute programmatic global marketing programs, evangelize on it to all key stakeholders, work together with Corp to provide constructive feedbacks/insights to improve programs, integrate all internal possibilities to improve customer/participant experience (giving feedbacks when needed).
- Continually optimize performance across the marketing mix and deliver insights and opportunities to Sales and BG. Analyze actions and marketing impact through all data's available and work closely with PMM/Sales team for correction plan when necessary.
Orchestrate marketing execution by leading a complex vteam of stakeholders
- Partner closely with CMO Shared Services (Events and Social) to land execution across our paid, earned, and owned channels.
- Work with our Partner organization, sales team, PMM team, Skilling team, Industry team to align marketing activities and incorporate relevant solutions into the plans for Azure.
- Ongoing engagement with Sales to create and surface opportunities and support Sales objectives for Azure.
Executional Excellence and alignment to global processes and compliance
- Align local marketing activities to modern marketing platforms, processes and guidelines (global, local). Ensure localization reviews are complete and accurate.
- Leverage global leading practices and connect with counterparts to give/get feedbacks on key marketing actions.
- Ensure relevant marketing executions are properly set up in systems and tools for tracking reporting.
- 100% budget utilization for Azure - Effective and accurate forecasting and spend of marketing budgets, working closely with PMM team.
- Partner with Marketing Coordinators within the Marketing Service Desks (MSD) and work closely with Marketing Service Central (MSC) for marketing execution capacity.
- Lead Microsoft brand stewardship, ensure GDPR compliance and adhere to Microsoft Accessibility Standards and Diversity and Inclusion principles in all marketing executions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- 5+ years of proven digital marketing experience, preferably in technology marketing, with strong marketing operations background. Experience in working at a large global multi-national a plus.
- Strong cross collaboration skills working with multiple teams (global, local).
- Connected sales and marketing experience. Strong understanding of sales priorities and motivations and ability to advocate for marketing in conversations with sales organizations to ensure optimal customer experiences and success.
- Strong leadership presence, experience working with Sales leadership and track record of marketing impact and influence a must. Innate ability to navigate through a complex matrixed organization to lead process changes and deliver execution excellence.
- Must be a data-driven marketer. Must be comfortable reading and analyzing data, using it to inform marketing plans and prioritize investments and leading data discussions with key business stakeholders.
- Must be inspired by digital marketing execution, embrace Marketing Automation concepts, and be obsessed with delivering a compelling customer experience through relevant, connected customer engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent work experience required. MBA degree preferred but not required.