Senior Sales Director - Global Accounts - West - PA,OH,MI,IL,MN,CO
Coordinates efforts for the attainment of sales revenue objectives for an assigned account contributing to the company’s bottom line. Responsibilities include contract negotiations, pricing strategies, application assessment, and sales team management. Staffs and directs a sales team, and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
- Develops and participates in account planning, and identifies strategic opportunities which lead to the penetration of new accounts, and increase and grow existing revenue. Reviews business plans, sales strategies, and action plans for identified accounts to make sure objectives, goals, win strategies, schedules, and action assignments are clearly defined.
- Maintains rapport with key account leadership, and establishes new relationships across the entire account base. Drives the strategic direction and growth of the company by providing support to sales team with the ultimate goal of accomplishing sales objectives. Collaborates on overall tactical and strategic plans to secure new revenue and maintain and grow current revenue base.
- Develops and maintains account plans and detailed financial forecasts. Conducts accurate sales forecasting and achievement of sales targets.
- Oversees the creation of campaigns designed to penetrate key accounts and target markets. Identifies new targets, markets and opportunities. Contributes to overall database of prospects, as well as formulation of on-going programs to facilitate sales initiatives. Stays abreast of industry trends, and assesses market and competition.
- Builds a high performance team; hires and retains the right talent in the right roles; sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable; develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and take action. Demonstrates Company’s values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change; provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; recognizes accomplishments; fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- Oversees and participates in programs that ensure the attainment of expense objectives, and recommends programs to control and correct budget overruns.
- 10+ yrs Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of applicable education and experience required; MBA or related graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated sales management experience (at least 8 years) in telecommunications sales and sales leadership experience. Typically, 12+ years of relevant experience with 3-5 years of experience as a director.
- Three to five years business/financial background.
- Exceptional strategic planning, account management and contract negotiations skills required
- Experience in consultative sales techniques and account planning including account profiling, account positioning strategy, customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, service improvement planning, and long-range account management strategies.
- A clear track record for consistently exceeding revenue goals.
- Success leading and managing large sales teams.
- Proven ability to hire, manage and motivate successful, solution oriented sales teams.
- Strong record in developing and assigning geographic territories and customer/prospect modules.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, people-management and mentoring skills.
- Experience at being a strategic member of sales management team who contributes significantly to growth and development of the business.
- High energy level and demonstrated drive to succeed.
- Employment of ethical business practices required.
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office Programs.
Alternate Location:US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Illinois-Chicago; US-Michigan-Southfield; US-Minnesota-Minneapolis; US-Ohio-Cleveland; US-Ohio-Columbus; US-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh