PRINCIPAL ENGINEER - INSTALLATION
We are currently looking for a Principal Engineer - Installation to join Thales in Orlando, FL or Irvine, California. The Engineer performs aircraft installation engineering and participates in the design, development, and integration of aircraft In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity Systems and components through engineering analysis, research and design. The Engineer supports Type Certificate (TC) or Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) program developments and installations, as well as provides sustaining engineering to airline Customers. The Engineer will provide oversight of outside engineering companies assisting in the development of system design and aircraft integration of Thales In-Flight Entertainment systems; technical oversight to the processes, practices and tools used within the Department; and provide a source of technical expertise for others.
- Develop engineering design and processes for installing Thales InFlyt Experience products onto a variety of airframes.
- Is responsible for the overall design of the system and its installation on the aircraft.
- Generate engineering modeling, installation drawings, fabrication drawing and other required documentation in support of Thales InFlyt Experience product integration using appropriate CAD tools.
- Technical review of documentation and/or analyses by other Engineers in the Department
- Technical oversight of external integration engineering efforts including authoring the SOW defining the work to be accomplished and the criteria for acceptance.
- Create, review and revise work instruction to install Thales InFlyt Experience systems.
- Works in concert with the Certification Engineering team to provide the Engineering design data to support a TC, STC or STC amendment project.
- Provides engineering support for Head of Version linefit or prototype retrofit aircraft installations, initial launch production installations to validate design package stability and ongoing support of products to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Evaluates existing approved design data to incorporate into new projects to reduce schedule and increase quality.
- Liaises with other departments to assist in the definition and development of new or improved products
- Provide structural or electrical analyses for current and future modifications dependent on discipline.
- Develop STC amendment (AMDT) design data related to reconfigurations, system upgrades, layout passenger arrangement (LOPA) changes and equipment design evolution for existing operators of the Thales InFlyt Experience IFE System or in support of new operators.
- May be assigned as a leader on a specific project or core team.
- Complies with company, airworthiness, and quality requirements, policies and procedures.
- Defines new processes and methods to increase quality and reduce cost
- Leads customer design reviews (PDR, CDR, etc.).
- May support or lead multiple programs simultaneously.
- Works within budget and schedule guidelines.
- Has a working knowledge of the complete Thales IFE System in order to Triage problems or customer requests.
- Technically mentors others to share their knowledge and experience.
- Other duties as assigned as necessary
Skills and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or Aeronautics Engineering/Engineering Technology required or similar discipline, (ABET School preferred). Degree specialty may be dependent on the company’s needs for a specific discipline. Advance studies in applicable discipline preferred
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD required
- Minimum of eight (8)+ years’ experience working with aircraft Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) documentation, working with appropriate FAA Designated Engineering Representatives (DERs), providing on-site support of aircraft modifications and an understanding of aircraft structures and/or electrical systems required
- Valid Passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Work shifts and/or weekend schedule as required by workload, programs and contacts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
- Proficient with Solidworks(2D & 3D), AutoCAD 2D and/or Creo 3D highly preferred.
- Previous aircraft modification and/or repair design experience
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong analytical abilities
- Must have the ability to interact with a wide range of customer groups, both internal and external
- Must be able to communicate technical issues in an assertive and tactful manner
- Ability to be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize workload
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.