ENGINEERING COMPETITIVENESS LEADER
TOGETHER WE ENTERTAIN MORE THAN 750,000 PASSENGERS A DAY WHILE IN-FLIGHT
Thales InFlyt Experience products offer end-to-end solutions that support our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies in-flight entertainment and connectivity experiences to more than 60 airlines around the globe and as a trusted airline partner is committed to building its position as an industry leader. We are proud that our InFlyt Experience systems are used by over 274 million passengers a year.
We are currently looking for an Engineering Competitiveness Leader to join Thales in Irvine, California or Melbourne, Florida. The Engineering Competitiveness Leader will be responsible for definition and execution of the Engineering Performance Plan initiatives to increase overall. The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: Works with VP Engineering and Engineering Head of Disciplines (HoDs) to set operational targets and key performance indicators (KPIs) in line with the competitiveness objectives. Defines and ensures implementation, across all engineering disciplines, of the strategic improvement initiatives to reach efficiency targets. Defines the budgetary and resource requirements for initiatives and conducts quarterly reviews to measure cost controls and improvement efficiencies. Identifies results of initiatives may have substantial influence on the successful development of new or improved products and processes, or the solution of existing production or product problems. Drives Lean-Agile behaviors through the enterprise. Identifies areas of weakness and inefficiency within the organization and drives continuous improvements.
- Defines, develops, and supports the Engineering Performance Initiatives for Thales InFlyt Experience.
- Captures industry-standard benchmarks for Engineering Best Practices.
- Identifies and initiates continuous improvement initiatives which lead to enhanced processes/practices/tools (PPT), reduced costs and faster lead times.
- Consolidates the departmental indicators on a monthly basis and prepares analysis and reporting.
- Interfaces with Quality organization and drives the Engineering Quality Review to monitor the initiatives and indicators, as well as Lessons Learned and other topics related to Engineering Performance.
- Drives root cause-corrective action (RCCA) plan for all Engineering non-conformances.
- Represents Engineering in executive reviews identifying results of Engineering Performance Initiatives.
- Interfaces with Facilities organization in Eng. planning activities and supports transverse coordination of facilities-centric needs.
- Assists HoDs and stakeholders in documenting best practices leveraging Lessons Learned.
- Represents IFE Systems Engineering organization in transformation initiatives (Value Stream Maps, Lessons Learned, Retrospectives, Audits, etc.).
- Supports ad-hoc workshops, retrospectives, and meetings on behalf of Engineering.
- Travel as needed (<25%).
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree with 9+ years experience or Master of Science (MS) / Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with 7+ years experience.
- Minimum nine (9+) years’ experience in the research & development of high technology products and systems.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and principles of Scaled Agile.
- Proven experience driving transformation by applying Lean and Agile principles.
- Has strengths in the areas of team building, leadership communication, staff development, performance management and mentoring.
- Previous experience in planning, implementing, and administering engineering programs and projects
- Ability to scope out complex improvement initiatives and track the action plans to closure.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a multicultural team with varied degrees of experience.
- Must be self-starter and motivated to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent technical written and oral skills.
- Proficient in using Word, Excel, Visio, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Six Sigma Black Belt / Green Belt preferred.
- Scaled Program Consultant (SPC4) or Scaled Agilist preferred.
- Experience managing Engineering teams the research & development of high-technology products and systems.
- Experience with Business Intelligence / Data Visualization products (Tableau, Qlikview, etc.) is preferred
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.