Client Engagement Specialist
Under general supervision, the Client Engagement Specialist (CES) is responsible for managing all renewal aspects of the relationship with a defined set of customers. The Client Engagement Specialist is responsible for retaining the existing contract revenue within existing buying centers and supporting new sales into these accounts made by the Account Executive. To this end the Client Engagement Specialist will need to liaise with DJ internal teams to ensure the clients business needs are being met consistently to support the renewal. Ultimately the Client Engagement Specialist must develop and drive successful renewals ensuring a strong revenue base for Dow Jones. Success will be measured based on the retention rates of the Client Engagement Specialists assigned accounts.
- Responsible for owning the retention strategy for assigned Strategic accounts by building and executing a renewal plan
- Proactively provide a monthly report to manager highlighting high risk renewal accounts within the region and strategy/ideas to turnaround
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate levels of customer training and product utilization by working with the Product Training Specialist team and monitoring internal reports
- Oversee the overall renewal lifecycle; from pricing, contracting, to invoicing and client support, so customer concerns get addressed correctly and efficiently throughout the fiscal year
- Support new sales into existing accounts to ensure maximum customer ROI with DJ
- Know your customer including the development of good account understanding, business groups deriving value from DJ services, understanding the clients’ business/industry, competitor solutions they are using and the client’s current and developing needs.
- Understand how your clients derive value from DJ services/products, know the people involved including decision makers within those groups.
- Serve as a client conduit internally for feedback and competitive intelligence to DJ Product, Content & Marketing.
- Must identify opportunities for increased revenue within the set of accounts (up-selling and possibly cross-selling) and work with other members of the sales team to follow through on such opportunities.
The CES must maintain accurate and appropriate client records within the Company’s systems. The CES will communicate with clients mainly via telephone and email.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Min 3 years of proven success in customer engagement or sales
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite & Google Drive
This is an office-based position located in Washington, D.C.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: REVENUE - CORP SALES
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com