Enterprise Operations Center Specialist I
Connecting the world to wellness
MINDBODY emerged from the simple idea that small business owners deserve the time to focus on what matters most: their customers. Our software has transformed that vision into the world's leading wellness services marketplace, linking hundreds of thousands of passionate health, wellness and beauty professionals to the millions of clients they serve.
The Enterprise Operations Center Specialist III responsible Tier 3 escalations and services remediation for all MINDBODY applications. They are responsible for evolving and creating solutions to improve detection and service restoration through automation and scripting. They are also responsible for determining additional subject matter experts from across PT&E to collaborate on remediation and post incident follow-up. This person shall be energetic, customer service oriented, and technically talented to provide support in a 24x7x365 dynamic and fast-paced environment. This position is offered in the San Luis Obispo, CA office as a full-time non-exempt employee.
Monitors, controls, and reports on the performance of our core product systems. Focus being on the support and remediation of core hardware and software that support MINDBODY and its clients. The team provides configuration, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining of system hardware, software and related infrastructure- virtual and physical. The team is the first to identify an issue and restore services for all MINDBODY incidents and problems and facilitates collaboration for resolution.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 4+ years working with hardware and application performance monitoring using multiple applications.
- 4+ years server administration experience with Windows OR Linux
- Expert knowledge of virtualized computing concepts and operation
- Expert knowledge of networking theory and infrastructure
- Expert in scripting languages such as PowerShell
- Experience with Cloud Computing technologies including: AWS, Azure
- Must be able to articulate complex technical language to audiences of varying perception levels
- Consistently influences other positively and effectively interacts with a wide range of people, issues and technical situations.
- Expertise in mentoring and training team members.
- Perform under pressure within a time sensitive environment while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to work extended hours under considerable pressure, including holidays, night shifts and weekends, as scheduled and/or necessary
- Creative problem-solving skills with strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills
- An affinity for providing exceptional customer service and continuous improvement
- BS in Computer Science or Information Technology or related technical discipline is required with 4+ years similar experience in a EOC or SRE environment
- Must possess one of the following: MCSA Windows Server, MSCA SQL Server, MTA Server Administration, MTA Security Fundamentals or have 5 years’ relevant technical experience in Windows server administration
- ITIL Certification desirable
- Networking, virtualization, or desktop administration certifications preferred.
- Experience with process documentation, KB and/or technical writing
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tier 3 support for incidents assigned dedicated to restoring services to our users as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Manage escalations for Tier 1 and 2 team members in collaboration for incident resolution
- Work across departments to identify and establish monitoring and remediation actions focusing on first time fix and build rapport with key players
- Use and maintain EOC tools and documentation for training
- Acts as a liaison between the EOC and Engineering teams to ensure post incident reviews identify corrective actions.
- Identifies and develops system/process/policy improvements for the Engineering teams to improve the overall health of our infrastructure and application.
- Monitors and manages all production systems and services, taking steps to improve performance, reliability or uptime as directed and per established policies and procedures. Analyzes trend data in order to take preemptive actions to prevent outages from occurring and allocated physical and virtual resources as necessary.
- Directs and manages the schedule during Global and Regional maintenance windows. Ensures EOC I and II actively monitor systems remain healthy and report any issues that may arise. Provides executive management reports on the status of the changes executed.
- Provides solutions to problems identified from monitoring tools and processes. Able to work across departments to share information and recommendations to establish best practices
- Creates operational health reviews, orchestrates service monitoring and notification discussions, service portfolio reviews, and ongoing process improvement assignments as needed
- Provides excellent customer service to internal clients and communicates effectively with management, team leaders, and other team members within the department
- Manages Tier III projects for the EOC
- Acts as a mentor for EOC team members
- Other duties as assigned