Director, Product Marketing
As the Director of Product Marketing at MINDBODY, you will help drive the product marketing strategy by formulating and executing on plans that drive awareness, consideration, adoption, and advocacy of MB products and features. Partnering with key functions at MINDBODY, the Director of Product Marketing will help develop compelling positioning behind each of our key products to our global customer base. He or she will work with executives and managers across product, marketing, and creative teams to prioritize high impact campaigns that make the most of our valuable marketing and creative resources.
In this role, the Director of Product Marketing will own the product positioning across all MINDBODY customer products and drive product adoption and own the product engagement KPI’s. Additionally, the Director of Product Marketing will also own Go To Market strategy and execution for new product and feature releases, and collaborate closely across key players in Sales, Marketing, Business Development, and Support teams to roll out new products. This role will also work very closely with Market Research to identify new markets, new product and feature opportunities, positioning, competitor intelligence, target audience and customer segmentation.
This role will help define the value proposition of our products and features to our growing customer base and help shape content to feed our lead funnel. You will also help identify target audiences and define customer segments for highly targeted messaging that drive engagement. The Director will leverage and balance existing channels, and think creatively to use external channels to get maximum reach. With demonstrated passion for research and data, the Director will be customer-focused and obsessed with driving customer success though adoption of our product and features. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Marketing.
- Own the product marketing roadmap and design and prioritize Go-to-Market campaigns to drive product adoption.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with company executives, product management, sales, support, and marketing teams on GTM priorities, strategy, and execution.
- Partner with Marketing and creative teams to prioritize highest impact engagement campaigns to drive retention KPI’s.
- Manage in-product marketing technologies strategy and roadmap and maintain and enhance existing tools.
- Manage a team of product marketers who drive the execution of GTM strategies.
- Process driven and drives internal alignment strategies,
- Define and own GTM activities around product releases and launches.
- Lead the developing of core product marketing content for evangelism through the different GTM channel
- Work closely with acquisition, engagement, CRM, customer support, product (web, mobile), data science/analytics, engineering and data warehouse teams.
- Own the product positioning across our lineup of products.
- Own the product engagement strategy and corresponding KPI’s around active use.
- Use data to assess the market viability of new products and features.
Minimum Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum 8 years of software product marketing or product management experience
- Strong internal communicator and collaborator.
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional projects and global go-to-market plans
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus.
- Experience leading the product marketing strategy development and execution for a specific product.
- Strong experience in developing simple, customer-oriented messaging and positioning for a technical product based on market research and insights.
- Passion for SaaS products and for SMB customers.
- Experience managing a team of product marketers
- Have hands on experience rolling out mobile software products and/or services.
- 5 years of management experience and 10+ years of relevant experience
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time and read a computer monitor.
- Able to read and comprehend reason and analyze.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.