Sr. Manager-Program Management
This Program Manager (PM) will be accountable for execution and growth for a Special Access Program (SAP) in the Advanced Mission Solutions (AMS) program area. The PM will be responsible for all facets of the program, to include executing current programs, capturing new programs and follow-on phases. Responsibilities include financial, schedule, and technical performance, supervision of Development IPT / CAMs, development and execution of coordinated growth strategies. Duties will include multidisciplinary team leadership, strategy development, internal and external program reviews, market shaping and program development through direct customer engagement, proposal preparation, supplier management, program management status reporting, and generation of work authorizations (IOTs), statements of work (SOWs), and specifications.
The PM will align the program teams to priorities and provide clear direction, and will actively manage risk mitigation strategies and capture program opportunities. The PM will lead by example and champion program management best practices. The PM will produce proposals for new programs and for out-of-scope efforts to the program baseline. The PM will define program tasking/milestones and monitor adherence to program budgets, plans, and schedules.
The PM must provide independent program leadership in alignment with organizational goals to ensure that Raytheon’s contractual commitments and technology maturation expectations are met while demonstrating an ‘Enterprise Collaboration’ perspective to providing cost-effective solutions. The PM will act as primary Raytheon management and customer contact on status and technical performance, and must anticipate and fulfill customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction. The PM will direct the performance of program task elements such as engineering, operations, supply chain, quality, contracts, finance, and administrative functions in the execution of required gate reviews and financial activities as well as program execution.
- US Citizen with current/existing TS/SCI Poly security clearance
- Minimum 12+ years of applicable experience including Program Management or Capture Management
- Minimum 8 + years successfully working at a Government Contractor similar to Raytheon, including supporting Government customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation skills to communicate program status, issues and resolution plans across all major stakeholders including Raytheon senior management, customers and major subcontractors
- Proven leadership in proposal generation, contract negotiation and Gate execution.
- Proven experience with business and project management tools and procedures (e.g. IPDS, EVMS, IMP/IMS, Risk Management, Financial Forecasts and EAC)
- Must be highly organized and be an effective leader, communicator, decision maker and able to inspire teams to meet program objectives
- Good understanding of software development processes and their application to programs
- Proven ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management efforts currently underway
- Build strong customer relationship to continue receive/compete for follow-on contracts
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of the organization, including Government customer, IPT leadership, and support organizations
- Work collaboratively with matrixed organization to ensure the program is properly staffed at all phases of the program with personnel that have the right skill sets and RTN values
- Program Management Level 4 Certification or similar, or ability to obtain associated certification within 1 year.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Must be willing and able to travel, as required
- Experience managing all phases of system development from IMS definition and cost baselining, Requirements decomposition and maintenance, System Architecture through all phases of Software Development, Formal Requirements Verification, and External Interface validation
- Experience in proposal preparation and negotiations
- Experience preparing and presenting senior level briefings for external customers and internal management
- Earned Value Level 2 certification or ability to obtain associated certification
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or similar.
- Must be a US Citizen and have an active TS/SCI clearance with poly on day one of employment. Must be cross-over eligible.