Sr Principal Systems Engr
This Development Integrated Product Team (IPT) / Cost Account Manager (CAM) will be accountable for their respective Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements within the Advanced Mission Solutions (AMS) program area. Responsibilities will include performing CAM tasks for WBS elements, as well as providing technical guidance to activities on the program and assisting with metrics implementation and capture.
The IPT / CAM will define tasking/milestones and monitor adherence to budgets, plans, and schedules. The ideal candidate will have a strong business and engineering background with experience on large scale development efforts, understanding of the government program development life cycle, Raytheon Earned Value Management System (EVMS) certification or equivalent, in-depth experience with Microsoft products including Project and Excel, and the ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. IPT specialty areas include: mission planning, command and control, infrastructure & data management, Integration & Test, and Site Integration & Test.
- US Citizen with current TS/SCI Poly security clearance
- Minimum 10+ years of related work experience
- Raytheon EVMS Level II Certification or equivalent
- Program Management Level 5 Certification or similar, or ability to obtain associated certification within 1 year
- Project management experience developing schedules and costs, monitoring and reporting progress to cost/schedule using EVMS, preparing variance reports as required, and promptly alerting management of impending cost/schedule issues
- Proven experience with business and project management tools and procedures (e.g. IPDS, EVMS, IMP/IMS, Risk Management, Financial Forecasts and EAC)
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Proven experience of leading a team of engineers to meet deadlines
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of the organization, including Government customer, IPT leadership, and support organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation skills to communicate program status, issues and resolution plans across all major stakeholders including Raytheon senior management, customers and major subcontractors
- Must be highly organized and be an effective leader, communicator, decision maker and able to inspire teams to meet program objectives
- Proven ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management efforts currently underway
- Good understanding of software development processes and their application to programs
- Experience in Risk and Opportunity (R&O) management
- High level of integrity and strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing and able to travel, as required
- Current TS/SCI
- Experience managing all phases of system development from IMS definition and cost baselining, Requirements decomposition and maintenance, System Architecture through all phases of Software Development, Formal Requirements Verification, and External Interface validation
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics
Security Clearance:• Must be a US Citizen and have a current TS/SCI clearance with poly on day one of employment. Must be cross-over eligible.
Business Unit ProfileRaytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.