SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER-GUI
TOGETHER WE PROTECT AND SECURE WHAT MATTERS MOST TO ORGANIZATIONS & ENTERPRISES
Have you ever wondered what it takes to provide comprehensive cybersecurity to the world’s largest, and most demanding organizations? Thales is a global leader in data protection and cybersecurity. We provide solutions for defense, critical infrastructure and telecommunication operators, industrial and financial companies. We provide best in class security practices in consulting, professional services, design, implementation and other security services, as well as managed security services based on our network of Security Operation Centers in France, the UK and Netherlands.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer-GUI to join our team. As a member of a collaborative development team, the senior software engineer will be instrumental in the identification and implementation of an improved Graphical User Interface (GUI) methodology for new applications to compliment the highly-embedded cryptographic products within the company portfolio. The primary objective is to improve the maintainability and forward engineering capabilities of the GUI applications; specifically, by increasing cross-platform support, application user-friendliness, internationalization support, and test automation.
- Software engineering principles and best practices across all phases of commercial development and engineering product release practices
- Understanding of communications security and within the financial security domain is a plus
- Understanding of and awareness to keep abreast of emerging software technologies and methodologies for complimenting embedded systems using GUI’s
- Debugging and resolving complex problems in multi-threaded applications
- Leading and contributing to product requirement and design reviews
- Communicating task and project status to the team and engineering management
- Time management for ensuring project goals are met on time and within budget
- Accurately breaking down, estimating, and scheduling software tasks
- Formal software configuration management & control tools
- Ensuring compliance to company formal quality system; responsible for understanding formal quality systems such as CMMI or ISO 9001
Skills and Experience:
- Had significant role in the architecture, design, dev & test (6+ years) of complex User Interface software for an appliance or complex management solution or Cloud manageability software that has shipped to data center customers.
- Had significant experience in launching enterprise class SaaS applications.
- Experience with Heatmaps, A/B testing to optimize GUI workflows.
- Preferred experience with AngularJS 4+ or React JS.
- Has produced a significant UX architecture/design SYSTEMS doc (15+ pages) for assigned module or subsystem as part of an overall complex software system -- Expert at defining and translating customer Use Cases Experience in developing cross- platform user interfaces with internationalization support
- Experience in web based RESTful technologies
- Experience with human factors engineering
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to inspire the UX/UI local team and contribute towards cross site UX and UI Unification efforts (requirements, system analysis and timely decision making) to ensure the CipherTrust Vision and best in class UX dashboard for all TES products and solutions
- Strong communication, presentation, skills -- as the UX and UI evangelist is our role model of crisp, clear and comprehensive communication with customers, and internal coworkers -- is capable of awesome PowerPoint presentations and also product demos to customers
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering) Master’s degree a plus
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.