SR. BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
TOGETHER WE ENTERTAIN MORE THAN 750,000 PASSENGERS A DAY WHILE IN-FLIGHT
Thales InFlyt Experience products offer end-to-end solutions that support our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies in-flight entertainment and connectivity experiences to more than 60 airlines around the globe and as a trusted airline partner is committed to building its position as an industry leader. We are proud that our InFlyt Experience systems are used by over 274 million passengers a year.
We are currently looking for aBusiness Intelligence Engineer (SQL) to join the Thales team in Melbourne, FL. This individual is responsible for building, implementing and supporting reporting solutions. The ideal candidate will possess experience in all stages of BI project work (requirements and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing and deployment). This individual should be knowledgeable in BI implementation and deployment methodologies and strategies and will possess an in-depth experience with Microsoft Power BI, Excel 2013 PowerPivot and PowerView capabilities, and Analysis Services and Reporting Services.
- Development of software products by writing, testing, and documenting code (80%)
- Develop expertise in both Source and Data Warehouse data.
- Create written communication materials that effectively summarize findings and support recommendations.
- Design and implement the reporting solution through the use of Microsoft technology, e.g., Power BI, Excel 2013, data cubes, or reporting services.
- Assist in enforcing both Company design and coding standards as well as industry best practices.
- Provide support to the business community for self-service BI.
- Provide secondary production support to current and planned Microsoft BI reporting and data layers.
- Generate technical requirements and processes (10%)
- Solicit business reporting and analytical requirements from a variety of business departments.
- Consolidate and coordinate requirements to develop reporting or analytical capabilities to address the business need.
- Provide guidance and training to other functional groups as needed (5%)
- Other duties as assigned by Team leader (5%)
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of database design or integration experience with SQL Server databases.
- Minimum 3 years of Business Intelligence experience.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2014 and/or 2016, including Microsoft SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS.
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) (Microsoft SSIS).
- Analytics / Cube Development (MDX).
- Microsoft Power BI, Excel 2013 PowerPivot, PowerView capabilities.
- Solid analytical and interpersonal skills. Effective listener who can translate business needs into comprehensive solutions.
- Experience with SharePoint integration of Power BI.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience implementing reporting solutions in a large technology oriented organization preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to simplify communicating technical information to business users.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with multiple levels of management.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage projects/priorities effectively
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field.
- Experience with other BI platforms such as SAP Business Objects and/or IBM Cognos a plus.
- Experience/interaction/Knowledge with Open Source Big Data stack, such as HBase, HIVE, Phoenix and/or MongoDB.
- Familiarity with networking and network devices in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
Are you ready to be part a part of something big?If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.