FIELD TEST ENGINEER
TOGETHER WE CONNECT PEOPLE AND CITIES THROUGH TRANSIT TECHNOLOGY
Have you ever wondered how mass-transit systems support the transport of millions of people per day? In the Transportation industry, Thales brings customers new levels of efficiency by providing them with integrated sensors, cyber secure data communications, network management systems, and controlled and automated response systems. By automating key operations within the network, decisions can be made with the confidence that safety and security will be maintained – so be a part of something big, join Thales.
We are currently looking for a Field Test Engineer to join the Thales TTSI team in New York, NY.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Performs commissioning tests at project sites.
- Performs on-site technical and operational support in the design, development, installation and maintenance of equipment and systems of a complex nature.
- Prepares test reports which record the pass, fail status of planned tests and identify problems detected during the tests.
- Develops and submits reports covering all job activity.
- Uses complex tools, test equipment, calibration items.
- Responsible for resolution of all technical problems/issues identified with field installations.
- Coordinating, when required, with the customer for the pre-planning and execution of field commissioning tests.
- Provides technical support to the Test Manager in the planning of field activities and interface with the project team.
- Provides technical support in all operational matters in the conduct of integration and commissioning test activities.
- Reviews all results of tests and test certificates for completeness, accuracy and integrity prior submission for final approval and submission to customer.
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and translates them to main office when required.
- Promotes customer relations / company credibility.
- Perform analysis of system requirements to develop compliance criteria, and test cases.
- Investigate system anomalies through analysis of data files, design documentation and interaction with development departments.
Job Requirements and Essential Skills:
- Knowledge of signal testing procedures.
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, both verbal and written, and good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheet, is essential.
- Demonstrated fluency and understanding/comprehension in oral and written English.
- Field experience in a rail transit installation, test or support environment or similar technology application is of significance.
- Experience in task planning, performance tracking and reporting.
- Critical thinking, able to identify and implement better efficiencies and process improvements.
- Flexibility to take on additional projects and adapt to changes in priorities.
- Wear protective equipment such as safety vest, hard hat, safety boots, safety glasses, and flash light, when required.
- Position requires flexible work schedule. Work hours varying in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek.
- Must be willing to travel the entire system.
- Occasional domestic and international travel (approximately 10%).
- Federal regulations may require random testing for drugs and/or alcohol.
- Schedule site deployment staff.
- Work with NYCT staff to arrange General Orders for track clearances.
- Ensure staff has the current qualifications to work in the field.
- Arrange any required recurring training or training for new staff.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in installation and testing of train control systems.
- B.Sc. Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of diplomas and work experience.
- Working knowledge of Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) products with respect to installation support and testing a strong asset.
- Experience in deploying fixed block signaling systems a strong asset.
- Typically 3-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.