HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
The HomeAway Software Web Designer is responsible for overseeing graphic design and website experiences across all HomeAway Software brand touch points. This position owns user experience, design and functionality across online properties, and ensures online activities continually drive toward overarching marketing objectives. This role will lead website design and maintenance duties with input and collaboration from the broader HomeAway Software marketing team. As a small marketing team, other duties such as general graphic design for marketing materials, production management, and event planning will also be required. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques. You should also have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, including websites, brochures and product marketing materials.
Is this you?
- Graphic design: Oversee design projects from conception to delivery, design original pieces, including illustrations, infographics, ads and emails, and maintain brand consistency throughout all HomeAway Software marketing pieces. Manage outside design contractors, as needed.
- Website maintenance: Coordinate with the marketing team to keep all published content up-to-date, add new content such as blog posts and landing pages, create and update forms, maintain links, and other changes. This position will maintain site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards, and manage presence of HomeAway Software partners on the website in conjunction with the Software Support team.
- Website design: Responsible for designing and building new web graphics, pages, forms and other site content. Create all web design along with sitemaps, wireframes and user flows for any new marketing websites or landing pages.
- Manage developer contractors and internal developer teams, as needed, for backend CMS work
This position is designed with several opportunities for growth. Although no past experience is required, the right candidate must be interested in developing in these areas:
- Digital strategy, A/B testing and optimization, user experience best practices
- Provide optimization recommendations by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Monitor, report and make optimization recommendations for software.homeaway.com SEO status and ranking
- Continual professional growth to update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field
- 2+ years professional website and/or graphic design experience
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and other visual design tools
- Good understanding of content management systems – experience with Jahia preferred
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- Desire to continue to develop professionally and learn new techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional portfolio with at least five designs for internal review
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.