Senior Chatbot Engineer
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. By 2025, 85% of all customer interactions will not require a human response. With this in mind, HomeAway and Expedia are on a journey to redefine conversational interfaces for the entire Travel industry.
We are looking for an experienced (Senior, Staff or Principal) Conversational UI Engineer who can help us define, design and build AI powered Chatbots that automatically facilitate a host of different actions and interactions between millions of travelers and our vacation rental owners globally, in any language.
Experience you bring to the table
- You have 10+ years of experience developing highly available enterprise web applications and services with state of the art technologies, embracing REST and service-oriented architecture.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience building chatbot solutions in high scale production environments, producing seamless and high-quality interactions.
- You are expert in some of the key AI/Chatbot platforms, such as Microsoft Bot Framework and Azur Cognitive Services, Amazon Lex, IBM Watson, Wit.ai, DialogFlow/Api.ai, etc.
- You successfully deployed chatbots on common messaging and chat services like Facebook Messenger, WeChat, WhatsApp, Skype, Line, etc.
- You have a strong understanding of the NLP space (natural language understanding, sentiment analysis, personality insight...), and you have leveraged several existing services and libraries (integration, configuration, training, continuous learning).
- You are well versed to voiced based processing (text to speech, speech to text) and you already delivered several voice apps built on top of the Amazon Alexa or Google Home
- Ideally, you are familiar with Machine and Deep Learning algorithms and platforms
Technologies we use:
Java 8, Linux, Jetty, Dropwizard, .NET Core, NodeJS, GraphQL, AWS, Docker, SQLServer, Mongo, Kafka
- Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress