Engineering Lead, TV Development-New York
AppNexus is the leading independent digital advertising company. We build products that empower advertisers and publishers to buy and sell advertising across display, video, mobile, and native channels. We have recently focused on the development and launch of products for Connected TV/OTT platforms, including broadcaster premium video supply monetization, Apple TV SDKs, Server-Side Video Ad Insertion for TV streaming, and more.
We are next hiring for an engineering leader to extend our efforts in Connected TV to include additional types of TV supply. This engineering role is to lead TV development and to grow a new team focused on TV products.This is an exciting area with an opportunity to innovate in a large and rapidly changing industry. You will work with engineering leaders in digital video and other disciplines to create industry leading products for digital buying and selling of advertising.
Note: The term TV in this context refers to the buying/selling of advertising that is related to TV via Addressable TV, Linear TV, and/or Connected TV.
About the job:
- Oversee the development and growth of our TV platform
- Design, build, and maintain TV buy and sell side functionality to support advertisers and programmers/distributors, respectively
- Advance development/engineering efforts on digital advertising products for addressable TV, Connected TV, and linear non-addressable TV
- Manage TV planning, audience targeting, inventory availability / ordering, and reporting functionality
- Work with TV sales data schema/models and support techniques for TV audience measurement and verification
- Design, build, maintain, and integrate APIs that manage enterprise class TV workflows and data sets
- Lead and mentor other software engineers to promote best practices across the team
About your skills and experience:
- 10+ years of experience (BA/BS degree in computer science or related field required; MS CS degree desirable but not required)
- Domain expertise (3-5+ years of experience) in the TV space required; 10+ years desirable but not required
- Full stack engineering skills across UI, API, database, reporting required; data pipeline experience is a plus
- Ability to flexibly move between building code as an individual contributor, and leading teams as a leader/manager
- Experience at a TV ad tech company and/or major TV broadcaster is a plus
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools