Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We are the Supply Chain Engineering team under Kurt DelBene's Core Services Engineering and Operations (CSEO) org. Supply Chain Engineering designs, implements and runs Microsoft’s global manufacturing, repair, planning, order management, and fulfillment services for high-tech devices including Xbox, Surface, and HoloLens. We build the engineering tools and systems for the Devices Supply Chain and partner with the Azure team to support the Cloud Supply Chain. The Devices Supply Chain supports getting products like Xbox, Surface, HoloLens into the hands of retail or enterprise customers. The Cloud Supply Chain supports getting server capacity in our Azure Datacenters. Supply Chain is key to winning in the Devices and Cloud business because it helps us with:
- Faster Time to Market - Ability to introduce new devices to market, and new SKUs in Azure.
- Increase profitability - Margins matter, running an efficient Supply Chain is key to these businesses to grab market share
- Improve customer experience - Ability to support new and innovative models that give customers the flexibility and responsiveness they have come to expect
Our customers are HW engineers, Planners, Sourcing Managers, Factory Operations, Logistics and Warehouse Operations, Customer Support, Datacenter Ops, Microsoft Retail Stores - all of these are involved in the whole lifecycle from designing products to ensuring we can build them at scale and deliver them to our customers. We partner with suppliers, manufacturers, logistics providers and retailers in order to make and sell Microsoft products and services.
We do what we say, when we say. We work hard and we have fun!
We are in the process of extending our data infrastructure and provide a highly scalable data service across the world. This Business Intelligence and analytics platform will be responsible for consolidating multiple geo-distributed data sources, replicating data updates within tight SLAs and delivering large data snapshots to any machine in any data center at any time. We are developing Data Lake and Data warehousing capabilities that aid in business decision making for the supply chain using the latest Azure technology stack - specifically ADL, HDInsights, ADF, and ADW etc. Our Data Lake and Warehousing solution will provide end-to-end supply chain visibility of business and system events and correlate them using complex event processing technology. We are an agile team, with a great track record, shipping every two weeks. We are looking for a Program manager with strong technical skills, excellent communication, leadership skills, coupled with passion for quality, agility and efficiency. As a Program Manager 2 you will be responsible for the delivery of Business intelligence platforms and infrastructure to enable manufacturing, testing, and repair of Microsoft products throughout the world. You will identify and drive optimization initiatives to improve factory uptime, decreasing IT costs, and decrease onboarding time. The person best suited to this role understands how to get things done through influence and collaboration and is adept at working within agile solution delivery models. This position requires an individual who is excited to be part of a team implementing rapid changes related to emerging business strategies and employing information technology to meet business goals. Candidates must be prepared to succeed against aggressive goals with minimum supervision, be comfortable working with internal and external partners and virtual / offshore teams, and must have a process-focused aptitude to manage a variety of responsibilities and deliverables.
- Plan and communicate infrastructure and platform solutions by identifying resource requirements, collaborating with feature teams and service providers to architect and design the optimal solution, and proactively managing program risks and issues
- Execute lifecycle management services to ensure compliance with hardware, OS, and platform roadmaps
- Project management for Business Intelligence and Analytics strategy and direction:
- End to End project management including all critical milestones: planning, procurement, and build-out activities
- Directly manage vendor Business Intelligence PM staff
- Identify and delivery on opportunities to reduce costs on Business Intelligence platform and Infrastructure
- Collaborate with external partners and partner Microsoft IT groups on Business Intelligence platform and infrastructure projects
- Build solutions in Azure, big data, Hadoop technologies and able to generate actionable insights and aid in live site reviews is a requirement
- Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques
- Work with data engineers to operationalize dashboards and ingest new data sources (provide data modeling requirements)
- Contribute to Data Exploration Analysis and help build scenarios for modeling
- Define, track and report key metrics to assess overall business health
- Deliver in depth analysis on business performance (trends, funnels) and drivers, as well as forecasts and targets
- Build/design dashboards to enable ongoing monitoring of business health
- Provide actionable insights on how to improve our services
- Assist in scoping and planning new programs - identifying degree of fit of with MS technologies and estimating overall timeline/cost for an implementation and sustainment
- Work in a dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities, commitments, and projects with minimal supervision
- Develop standards, processes, and operation procedures to reduce risk, ensure costs are aggressively managed, and enable effective delivery of network services
- Designing, developing high quality solutions with an emphasis on quality, simplicity and maintainability while ensuring sound instrumentation and telemetry into the solutions and measure Availability and Operational Intelligence metrics
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience leading agile projects or service management activities
- Strong technical expertise in Hadoop, ADL, HDInsights, ADF, ADW etc
- Extensive knowledge and experience in data warehousing, data processing (ETL), e-metrics/measurement, business intelligence, information retrieval, parallel and distributed computation
- Experience in implementation of Cloud Computing concepts and platforms
- Experience in analyzing very large real world datasets and hands-on approach in data analytics
- Proven problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision making skills
- Drives through ambiguity, self-motivated and thrives on minimal supervision. Sound judgment, decision-making skills, and ability to work under continual deadline pressure in an extremely volatile and high paced environment
- Confident, takes ownership, willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done with proven experience leading complex programs/initiatives to successful completion
- Be a self-starter and a leader that can maintain focus and deliver results consistently that drive business capability value
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience providing project status to line and senior management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.