Senior Software Engineer, Client Side Tech-Philadelphia, Portland, or New York
Location: Philadelphia, Portland, or New York
AppNexus’ mission is to build a better Internet. We develop a technology platform that powers the real-time sale and purchase of digital advertising. Our platform is engineered to provide one of the fastest, most reliable, and massively scaled advertising systems in the industry. As a transparent and independent partner for some of the largest publishers and advertisers, AppNexus helps ensure that the Internet stays open and free.
As an Engineer on the Client Side Tech team, you will have the opportunity to quickly see the impact of your contributions to our clients and end users. Our team aims to solve problems that face online publishers on two main products: Prebid.js, and AppNexus Seller Tag (AST). Our clients rely on our front-end applications and tag management to easily operate and expand their businesses, efficiently buying and selling online advertising inventory at the scale of billions of transactions daily.
Consider some of the problems you will try to solve:
- Tag Management: Design and build front-end content delivery systems that can be executed and rendered in any Internet connected device. Work with technology that touches a wide percentage of overall Internet traffic. Use responsive web design principles and best practices.
- Scaling Open Source: Contribute to a growing open source project and leverage the community to continue scaling, while also increasing quality and bringing innovative features to market.
- Prototype to Production: As an Engineer, you will work alongside Product Managers to go from iterating and validating a new concept with beta customers to developing it into production-quality code. Our challenge is to create new interfaces that are intuitive for first-time users and arm them with the capabilities they need to control the micro details of their businesses.
About the job:
- Lead architecture discussions to make and drive technical decisions.
- Participate in planning sessions with Product Management and Engineering team leads to produce feature requirements and specifications.
- Bring innovation to the team through new features, improving processes and the product development lifecycle.
- Participate in code review sessions and provide feedback to increase code efficiency, maintainability and robustness.
- Support and debug production level issues and provide fixes in a timely manner.
- Mentor junior engineers on best practices in software development.
About your skills and experience:
- BS degree in computer science or related field and 5+ years of proven web front-end/full stack development experience.
- Experience in any back-end language, such as Java, Scala, Python, or PHP, is a plus
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals: Object-Oriented programming, design patterns and asynchronous and event-driven development
- Knowledge of RESTful Web services
- Strong fundamental understanding of generalized architecture patterns and service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Familiarity with test driven development methodology
- Ability to work independently and make use of your time effectively
- Experience using client side debuggers, profilers and other development tools
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools