Manager III-Program Management
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services is seeking strong leader who is ready to develop and grow into a Deputy Program Manager within the Surveillance and Border Security portfolio, with oversight across the COBRA DANE, SENSOR, SCDS I, CMSS, and related family of programs. The DPM shall drive adherence to Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and drive customer intimacy and satisfaction and is expected to help shape and message strategy.
The DPM shall lead proposals, facilitate staffing, drive execution, present to leadership, and foster customer intimacy. The DPM will acquire, train, and maintain a sufficient number of qualified and experienced personnel to meet performance objectives. The DPM will bridge communications between customer and end user, and also between customer, supply chain, and key suppliers.
The DPM needs to be a strategic thinker with the experience to implement management and control procedures that afford early recognition of problem areas and expeditious reporting of problems. The DPM supports Government conferences, meetings and reviews. The DPM shall interface and coordinate all activities with government, customer, and supporting contractor agencies. In the PM’s absence, the DPM is responsible for overall program success and is the single point-of-contact (POC) for all management issues.
On the COBRA DANE program, this position is responsible to help lead a team of engineers and technicians in performing radar Development and Depot & Sustainment (D&S) efforts in Colorado Springs, CO and the Software Integration Lab in Woburn, MA (IOT to IDS), Operations, Maintenance and Sustainment (OM&S) for the Cobra Dane radar site on Shemya Island, Alaska. This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO, but requires some travel to various Raytheon and customer locations.
On the other programs, the position is responsible to facilitate business development, customer intimacy, staffing, and program execution for a range of sustainment programs where Raytheon is a subcontractor to Harris. This role oversees the majority of all personnel directly in Colorado Springs.
- Existing DoD security investigation that supports an immediate Secret clearance
- At least 10 years of leadership experience
- Experience leading development programs at the Integrated Product Team/project level or above
- Experience working on sensor related efforts (radar, sonar, EO/IR, etc)
- Knowledge of contracts and subcontracts management
- Strong background in program finance to include both Earned Value Management System (EVMS) certification and strong working EVM knowledge
- Current Top Secret clearance or ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- Proven ability to lead multi-disciplined teams
- Proven ability to a lead decentralized team or proven ability as a great communicator
- Proven ability to lead development and/or sustainment proposals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be comfortable giving technical and programmatic briefings to senior leadership Raytheon and customer personnel
- Strong working knowledge of contract types and negotiation strategies
- Knowledge of how to leverage a matrixed organization to drive speed in staffing
- Radar experience, ground based phased array radars is best
- Experience working with US Air Force and Missile Defense Agency (MDA) customer sets
- Experience in depot level maintenance for maintaining radar systems and their subsystems
- Experience leading remote operations
- Experience in Cybersecurity and accreditation
- Experience in development of operating instructions and training plans
Required Education:B.A/B.S in Business, Management, Communications or Engineering; M. A./M. S. preferred
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.