DPM / BMEWS and Pave PAWS (BPP) Weapon System Product Lead
DPM / BMEWS and Pave PAWS (BPP) Weapon System Product Lead
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a seasoned Deputy Program Manager (DPM) candidate to join our team in support of the U.S. Air Force Sustainment and Modification of Radar Sensors (SMORS) contract. This role also acts at the BMEWS and Pave PAWS Weapon System Product Lead for the SMORS contract. The SMORS contract provides Depot-level (D-Level) sustainment services, software version release delivery orders and modification delivery orders for the Missile Warning/ Missile Defense (MW/MD) radar sensors controlled and operated by United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) and supported by Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) under the SMORS contract. Key objectives are to maintain mission availability, reduce total ownership cost (RTOC) and enhance system capabilities to counter emerging threats.
These sustainment services include the following: Life Cycle Sustainment, Program Protection, Software Version Releases, Modifications, System Engineering and Program Management. The supported sensors include Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS) radars; Perimeter Acquisition Vehicle Entry PAVE, Phased Array Warning System (PAWS) radars; and the Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS) radar.
The Deputy Program Manager is directly responsible for the supporting the Program Manager (PM) in the management and technical oversight of the SMORS program. In partnership with the SMORS PM, the DPM will serve as the primary interface with internal customers on all matters related to the management and execution of the Sustainment program.
The DPM will be responsible for overseeing all work scope performed by the functional organizations as described in the various PWSs (Performance Work Statements) and SOWs (Statements of Work), the Integrated Master Schedule and the Integrated Logistics Support Plan (ILSP). The DPM will provide routine direction for managing and updating of all data products including all CDRLs as tasked by the PM.
The DPM will be responsible for day to day technical execution including: Creating an outcome-based strategy focused on establishing milestones, metrics selection and analysis. The individual will be a major contributor in establishing performance metrics, parts usage, component modeling, Safety planning training and support, demand history, reliability to requirements, parts engineering support, life cycle cost analysis, complete detailed trade studies, obsolescence management, and cost benefit analysis.
The DPM candidate will ensure that all tasks are completed on-time, within budget, in compliance with Earned Value (EV) requirements, CMMI requirements and to the customer's complete satisfaction.
As the BMEWS and Pave PAWS (BPP) Weapon System Product Lead (PL), this person will have overall responsibility for managing the Integrated Product Team (IPT) overseeing all aspects of the BPP Sustainment PWS as well as all modification tasks and contracts.Responsibilities include being the first person contacted when the USAF declares an Urgent or Emergency Depot Level Maintenance (U/EDLM) issue, maintains the technical baseline, oversees all depot actions, and updates to training material and Technical Orders.The IPT PL will work with the SMORS leadership team to ensure effective use of resources (Raytheon and partner companies) to comply with all contract deliverables.
Required Skills and Experiences
- The DPM Management candidate will have at least 12 years of relevant experience that includes the following competencies:
- Energetic professional, who can coordinate and interface effectively at all levels of the organization across a multi-contractor, government and sub-contractor workforce
- PM certification level 3 or higher
- EVMS Certification
- Previous experience as a program manager or major integrated team lead with annual budget responsibility of at least $35M and managing team size of 40 people
- Experience in technical direction, administrative support, and leadership
- Experience analyzing and resolving problems relating to operational considerations, engineering drawings and associated hardware
- Fully understanding the execution of Sustainment activities for complex radar systems
- Proficient in current versions of project planning/management tools and techniques, risk management and earned value management principles including EVMS
- Ability to manage multiple, unrelated tasks in an organized manner with attention to detail and thoroughness
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must possess sufficient professional competence to operate independently within a broad scope of authority and with minimal supervision from the Program Manager
- Ability to travel either in CONUS or OCONUS to provide program support and execution
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Existing Secret Clearance
- Experience working with USAF customers (Air Force Life Cycle Management Center)
- Previous experience with missile warning and/or missile defense platforms
- Experience with large software intensive systems of systems for command and control (C2)
- Understanding of iterative custom software development lifecycle models
- Experience in development and maintenance of engineering documentation
- Experience with the engineering change proposal processes.
- Experience with conducting trade studies
- Radar systems experience, particularly with BMEWS and Pave PAWS systems
BA or BS in in engineering, computer science, business or equivalent discipline and 12 years experience providing Program Management of DoD systems. Additional years of relevant experience may substitute for educational requirements.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; weather and environmental solutions; information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security; and training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the mission support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counter-proliferation and counter-terrorism markets. IIS, which operates at nearly 551 sites in 80 countries, is headquartered in Dulles, VA. and generated $6 billion in 2014 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- both in the marketplace and in the workplace. We strive to hire individuals who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion in order to advance our culture, develop our employee and leaders, and grow our marketshare with our clients."