Principal Technical Planner
Raytheon IIS is seeking successful candidate for this Lead Planner role, supporting the SMORs program in Colorado Springs, Co, and is contingent upon Raytheon program award. The successful candidate will be responsible for partnering with Control Account Managers (CAMs), Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTLs), and the Program Manager, to facilitate, architect, and maintain, the program Integrated Master Plan/Integrated Master Schedule (IMP/IMS).
This position will work closely with finance, contracts, senior engineering/technical personnel, and other functional/support organizations to help facilitate program start up and ensure program success, by leading the establishment of a comprehensive and executable Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB); implementing EVMS tools and processes, and providing in-depth and actionable analysis during program execution, while tracking and reporting of critical program information. Other responsibilities include; Supervising/directing the efforts of other planners supporting the SMORs program; Modeling change proposals in the IMS to determine potential impacts, contributing to the continued improvement and implementation of new project planning/scheduling concepts, techniques, policies and procedures to meet Raytheon, Program, and Customer requirements.
Candidate must have the ability/knowledge to assist in the development of other program artifacts (i.e.Product/Work Breakdown Structure (PBS/WBS), Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS) and program team structure; establish and maintain the recurring program business rhythm (weekly and monthly); Understand and be able to advise on key program milestones/activities, and “major decision points in the IMS; Understands schedule critical path and perform related analysis; Ability to perform Schedule Risk Assessments (SRA), and analyze the schedule probability of success; Ability to work with CAMs/IPTLs/engineers on key items in the schedule to develop alternatives that improve the program critical path and probability of success; Provide data and reporting formats for all types and levels of program reviews, and prepare written and verbal reports to management regarding schedule variances.
- 8+ years program Planning/Scheduling experience or Program Management Experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Expert knowledge of scheduling fundamentals and techniques
- Expert knowledge of MS Project scheduling software
- Expert knowledge of Earned Value Management Systems and reporting
- Demonstrated mastery-level expertise in both the technical process work flow of the program lifecycle and also the financial/business aspects of the planning function
- Must be proactive with the ability to quickly/easily adjust to changing priorities/direction
- Demonstrated experience using MS Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience with Capture/Proposal process
- Desired Skills/Knowledge/Experience:
- Demonstrated experience developing Integrated Master Plans (IMP)
- Familiarity with the following software applications: Milestones Professional, Full Monte (or similar Schedule Risk software)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or PMI Scheduling Professional certification (PMI-SP)
Education:Bachelor’s Degree with an applicable major such as Engineering, Business Administration or similar, or equivalent combination of education and applicable experience (Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience)
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.