Manager II-Program Management
This opportunity is for an Operations Lead role within the RSS Product Line in the SAS ISRS Mission Area. In this position the Operations lead will partner with Program Management, Customers, and other supporting functions to shape, develop and execute the strategies and objectives of the product line and different programs. This role will work extensively in the front end of the business, supporting proposal activity and new business planning for the successful execution of production contracts.
This position is responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of business area development and sustainment. Provides management and coordination in support of the depot repairs, development assembly and testing of various business area products at multiple sites. Coordination of material procurement and supplier management to include make/buy/where decisions, assembly, testing, trouble shooting, root cause investigations, proposal support, developing EACs and ensuring appropriate staffing.
Assure consistent application of common processes; drive requirement standards for full suite of business area customer sets to achieve maximum commonality for SAS/RTN. Develops business area Ops priorities in support of program commitments. Drives cross-functional teams to realize significant improvements in value stream performance. Accountable for program/business area On-Time Schedule performance. Builds an agile high performance work team through training, skill set expansion and employee mentoring and coaching. Provide Operational services across all functional and business boundaries, and insure commonality.
- Minimum of 8 years of program operations, management, operations or related experience
- Defense Industry experience
- Control Account Management experience and be able to develop and manage all common processes necessary to execute predictable product delivery and execution of RSS strategy and goals in a fast paced, high mix, low volume made to order manufacturing environment
- Experience in supervising and driving the day-to-day activities of a diverse & cross functional team in a healthy, robust matrixed environment
- Required to lead Cross Product Team meetings
- Must understand configuration management and engineering change processes
- Must be able to proactively identify and execute opportunities for process and yield improvement, and supportive of business initiatives including Raytheon Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing
- Proven capability to analyze and use metrics and to convey these metrics in an intelligible manner to team, leadership and other relevant parties
- Must have an existing DOD Top Secret Clearance
- Competence with MS Office and Project applications
- Insure proper resources are available, priorities established and communication occurs with all CPT members/key stakeholders
- Able to promote and understand the value of diversity to the business and demonstrate initiative, persistence and creativity in problem solving
- Understands the value of communication and keeps the team, leadership and other relevant parties fully informed of performance, gaps and success
- Utilize proper corrective actions, discipline and rewards and recognitions consistent with policy
- SAP experience and/or ERP systems knowledge
- Multi-site Leadership experience
- EVMS training and/or Certification
- U.S. Citizenship
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, team building, change management and team leadership experience and able to work with minimum direct supervision.
- Ability to influence development of project objectives and goals.
- 5 years of factory management experience
- 5 years of operations management experience
- Depot repair management experience
- Development program experience
Required Education: Bachelors of Science Degree (B.S.) and/or Masters of Science Degree (M.S.) in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical field.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.