To apply to this role click here
For urban trips a bike is the fastest way to get there, and our bikes are chosen as the preferred transit mode millions of times every year. People ride our bikes for the speed, convenience, and joy enabled by the latest in human-power transport. Motivate provides bike share to the most people in North America, and we build our technology with a wealth of experience behind it. We love making awesome products, and want to work with people excited to create awesome things.About Motivate
Motivate International is North America’s leading bike share firm, operating partner systems in multiple cities including; New York Area (Citi Bike), Chicago (Divvy), Washington D.C. (Capital Bikeshare), Portland (BIKETOWN), San Francisco (Ford GoBike), and Boston (Blue Bikes). Since being acquired in 2014 by a group of investors, including the CEOs of The Related Companies and Equinox, it has successfully undertaken multi-year, major expansions. Including integrating with 8D Technologies in Montreal. Motivate has been working closely with vendors—themselves some of the leading names in bike share—to co-develop products including new docking mechanisms, eBikes and Smart Bikes.
Awarded as a Top 10 Most Innovative Company In Social Good by Fast Company for 2018; Motivate is leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable. We create safe and dependable systems that help make cities great by connecting individuals to the people and places they love.About You
- You’re incredibly detail oriented, nothing gets forgotten or slips by you
- You love iterating on things and making them better, you’re always trying to solve the next problem before it happens
- You’ve studied the tricks from the best, and can translate them into your work. Rapid iteration is a no-brainer.
- You can’t help but fall in love with a problem, and the solution refinement journey gives work its sparkle.
- You’re driven to find answers. If quick research isn’t fruitful, you’re able to invent a simple experiment and get clarity quickly.
- You’re excited to see people using your work, and driven to make sure everything goes smoothly for the millions of people who use our hardware.
- Applying detailed knowledge of product manufacturing including metals, plastic, batteries, and electronics
- Providing design for manufacturing feedback to engineering and product team
- Handle technical and scheduling communications with vendors for manufacturing
- In charge of quality control protocol and quality improvements
- Bill of materials and cost management
- Sourcing, negotiating pricing, and tracking inventories
- Generate timelines/schedules and keep projects on track
- Jointly develop assembly protocol and production line work instructions with the vendor
- Overseas travel approximately 30% of the time
- An extremely detail oriented individual with a history of keeping projects on track
- A degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in a relevant field working directly with manufacturing facilities overseas
- Intermediate level Solidworks
- Electronics knowledge and experience in electronics manufacture
- Able to source and research components for new products
- A good working knowledge of plastic materials, injection molding, sheet metal, aluminum welding, and die-casting
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate ideas clearly via email
- Ability to present technical information and effectively communicate across all levels of the organization, including design verification and validation activities, production & process controls, Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), consumer complaints, and product improvement activities
- Business level Mandarin a plus
Motivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy or any other legally protected status under applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law, as well as individuals who need an accommodation because of pregnancy. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the application process, please contact [the Human Resources Department or the hiring manager].