You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction, and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.
This position manages ongoing contract relationships and service delivery to clients for one or more accounts.
This function includes employees who are in dedicated on-onsite service roles. Jobs in this function may work closely with sales on renewals and upselling, but incumbents do not have specific sales goal accountability or primary responsibility to close sales. Account Manager Client Service jobs focused primarily on relationship and service management belong in this family; jobs with significant sales responsibilities or sales-related incentives (including 'OTH' plans) belong in a sales band.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Acts as outward-facing, delegated resource for assigned accounts, typically with direct client contact (not call center) and large or complex accounts.
- Builds relationships with clients (not individual members) and serves as the primary point of contact for overall and day-to-day service delivery.
- Represents client internally and coordinates with other functions to implement client systems, complete projects, and address ongoing service needs.
- Exhibit proficiency in executing software programs and utilities that may be specific to legacy Catamaran's applications
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret procedures, general business periodicals and professional journals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, management, and technical associates
- Ensures client account activities are compliant with state-specific guidance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) or High School Diploma / GED with equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of client implementation and / or account management experience
- Previous experience with Medicare Part D, including knowledge of plan benefit builds
- Moderate to Advanced experience with Microsoft Word (create and edit documents), Microsoft Excel (sort / filter and work within tables), and Microsoft PowerPoint (create and present slides)
- Can live in any time zone, but must be able to work PST shift (i.e., 8a-5p PST/9a-6p MST, etc.)
- Experience with various software products (eg. Rxclaim, Reporting Platforms)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance”
- Prior Prescription Benefit Management (PBM) experience
- Prescription claims experience (RxClaim)
- Managed care, healthcare or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Knowledge regarding Commercial and Commercial Exchange Plans
- Ability to learn new things and own new projects
- Ability to solve practical issues and deal with many variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Good mathematical ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Customer service orientation and relationship management skill
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $71,400 to $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, Optum, health care, office, phone support, customer service, billing, training class, now hiring, jobs, career, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO