Flatiron’s mission is to organize the world’s oncology information and make it useful for patients, physicians, life sciences and researchers. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that will connect cancer centers across the country on a common technology infrastructure and address key healthcare challenges. Today, the Flatiron Health OncologyCloud™ platform includes the industry-leading electronic medical record for oncology, a first-of-its-kind analytics tool, patient portal, and integrated billing management. Ultimately, our goal is to help cancer centers leverage real-world oncology data, at a scale and clinical depth never before seen, to transform how cancer care is delivered.
Following the acquisition of Altos Solutions in May 2014, Flatiron's platform includes OncoEMR, an oncology-specific cloud based electronic medical record (EMR) system that is used by over 1,300 oncology clinicians every day to diagnose, treat and manage patients battling cancer.
As a Lead AWS Security Engineer you will:
- Stop threats from cracking our infrastructure to get our data.
- Build incredible platforms to prevent and detect attacks and stop them in their tracks.
- Build the technology we really need to have a secure infrastructure.
- Keep up on the latest research and make sure the organization responds quickly.
- Build and lead a team of Security Engineers capable of understanding and defending against modern threats.
- Evangelize security in the company. We care, show us how to do it better!
- Have a strong foundation in and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, and security protocols
- Master network-based and system-level attacks and mitigation methods as well as good working knowledge in web application security
- Have at least 4 years relevant work experience
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Able to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment; self motivated and results oriented
- Strong cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) knowledge, ideally AWS.
- Strong infrastructure as code experience and orchestration (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc.)
- Strong scripting experience in (Python, Bash, Go, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of threats and how they operate
- Moderate networking and operating system internals knowledge
- Strong networking and operating system internal knowledge
- Has deployed and managed Palo Alto firewalls; can manage Palo Alto security policies for Wildfire, Threat Prevention, Global Protect, etc.
- Currently managing a small highly technical security team or possess the desire to do so